Thoughts on Seascape?

jules815

My husband and I are looking to book something for May. Prefer sailing out of Miami, but PC isn't out of the question either. We've been on Seaside and Meraviglia, enjoyed both very much. There's an itinerary on Seascape that looks good, a new port for us, which is rare since we've been to the Caribbean so many times over the years.

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are regarding Seascape. First CC review I pulled up was very negative, but it doesn't sound like they were in YC, and we would be.

Happy New Year cruisers!

I wouldn’t pay attention to the negative reviews. We went on the maiden voyage from Rome and had an absolutely amazing time. It was our first in YC and just wow! The ship is beautiful, the staff are fantastic and we met some wonderful people who we will stay in touch with. I’ve just booked Bellissima today so I hope she compares favourably to Seascape. Honestly just go and have a fabulous time. 

• Like 1

Early ship problems, from what I read. Didn't stop me from booking her in September, and I'm not splashing on YC. It's a Caribbean cruise. As long as I get umbrella drinks and don't have to drive the ship, we're all good.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

Book it!! Sister ship to Seaside so you will be very familar with layout. I've already booked Seascape for Thanksgiving...Will be our 3rd MSC cruise..all in YC

Booked, but now we're going in September instead of May. And I've already made a change to my reservation. Originally booked a YC1 which is what we've had in the past, then watched some YouTube videos of ship tours and saw the larger one with a walk-in closet. (Grand?) Called MSC to switch cabins and the rep noticed my 5% Diamond discount hadn't been applied to my original booking. She took care of that, and my new booking is still less than my original one.

And yes, we loved Seaside! This will also be our third cruise with MSC and all in YC too. So excited! 

Forgot to mention our new booking for September isn't the one we were originally looking at either. We're now doing a western Caribbean itinerary that DOESN'T make a stop in Nassau. Done the itinerary many times, but it's been a while since we've been to GC, and we always like taking a walk around town in the morning and back on board for lunch. Cozumel will either be a beach day at Nachi Cocum (if you haven't been, highly recommend) or just stay on the ship and enjoy the YC pool. Really more about the ship for us.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:12 PM, Cumbria1kaz said:

I wouldn’t pay attention to the negative reviews. We went on the maiden voyage from Rome and had an absolutely amazing time. It was our first in YC and just wow! The ship is beautiful, the staff are fantastic and we met some wonderful people who we will stay in touch with. I’ve just booked Bellissima today so I hope she compares favourably to Seascape. Honestly just go and have a fabulous time. 

This is wonderful to hear! 

We're booked for November 22 , second time with MSC and our first time in YC

If you all have any tips or insights would love to hear