Diff. between OLife & CruiseOnly - help save me from another 30min call to Oceania

dcsam

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

or you could have taken NO O LIFE  & just paid the $600  if you used it all at the end of the cruise

The OBC perk is NON REFUNDABLE

Enjoy the cruise

You are undoubtedly correct assuming my travel agent would have given me the extra $200 regardless.  I think I could have swung that deal, but I have no doubt we will use the $800 OBC.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chrisbu315 said:

You are undoubtedly correct assuming my travel agent would have given me the extra $200 regardless.  I think I could have swung that deal, but I have no doubt we will use the $800 OBC.  

We don't take the OLife OBC but I agree with you that it is not hard to spend it.  It wouldn't for me, anyway.  We are not yet at the level where we get complimentary PPG.  On a 10-day cruise in a PH, the gratuities for 2 people will be $460. (This was our situation on our last 2 O cruises). OLife on a 10-day cruise for 2 people is $600. We would only have to spend another $140.  Spa, shop, wine tasting. That $140 can be spent in a flash. 

It'll be a different story when we get to the complimentary PPG level of course. 

3 hours ago, chrisbu315 said:

So I'm assuming the $200 wasn't on the table unless you took the Olife? 

I wish they would get rid of the 2 for 1  crap & the O Life  perks

Just sell the beverage packages & shore excursion deal to those that want  them

It is  all marketing BS to confuse pax

JMO

• Like 6

On 1/6/2023 at 3:02 AM, SSCAF001 said:

When I go to Oceania website from France, I cannot find any fare with cruise only. What they call the standard fare always includes the Olife option. Do you know whether the Olife option can be removed? I still have the final payment to make next March so I would be glad to opt out before that deadline. Thanks for your input.

Apart from USA and I think? Canada other countries do not get the Cruise Only option.   

Oceania have a best price guarantee but you need to see the better price, check that your category is available and included and ask your TA to request the reduced price.  I always do a screen dump to attach to my request.   If the reduced price is after final payment Oceania will give a FCC or OBC for the difference in price.    In this situation I have used the difference to upgrade to a higher category which is permissible.   Better to book early and watch for a special offer later.  

BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
o Valid for all bookings, sailings, and destinations
o Valid for all Oceania Cruises public, published, pricing and amenity-based promotions o Promotion or Pricing Adjustment requests are subject to voyage and accommodation
category availability at time of request
o Pricing adjustments after final payment date will be in the form of a shipboard credit, future cruise credit, or upgrade, at Oceania Cruises’ discretion

Edited by aussietwo