AmaWaterways Mekong River Cruise

Celinedeon

We are planning to go on a Mekong River Cruise with AMA in October 2023. We are considering adding the extension to Hanoi and Ha Long Bay but I would like to look into this further. Can anyone tell me about the excursions that are offered in Hanoi?  Does anyone know which company AMA uses for the 1 night cruise on Ha Long Bay?

Thanks in advance for your time in helping me research this further. 

1 hour ago, Celinedeon said:

We are planning to go on a Mekong River Cruise with AMA in October 2023. We are considering adding the extension to Hanoi and Ha Long Bay but I would like to look into this further. Can anyone tell me about the excursions that are offered in Hanoi?  Does anyone know which company AMA uses for the 1 night cruise on Ha Long Bay?

Thanks in advance for your time in helping me research this further. 

These areas are easy to travel to on your own, so you may do better in putting together your own pre/post for Hanoi and HaLong. Also, one night in HaLong Bay does not allow you any excursions there, but 2 nights gives this opportunity. May be worth considering. 

I have a post on our trip with Scenic that we are sailing on now on the Mekong, and have made mention of some of our DIY travel to those areas. Happy to assist with more information if needed. 

Thank you Hoosier2017,  we are trying to book the Riches of the Mekong for Oct. 23, 2023.  Not sure if we want to do the Hanoi/ Ha Long Bay extension through AMA waterways or on our own.  With your information, I can at least do a little comparative investigation on which would meet our needs better.

Thank you Terry&Mike, I will probably be connecting with you further with questions about navigating the airports (ie. communication barriers?); private tours etc.  

In the meantime, I am following your trip right now and it looks amazing.  Can't wait to be seeing many of the same sights.

Cecilia

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Celinedeon said:

Thank you Terry&Mike, I will probably be connecting with you further with questions about navigating the airports (ie. communication barriers?); private tours etc.  

In the meantime, I am following your trip right now and it looks amazing.  Can't wait to be seeing many of the same sights.

Cecilia

We have not had any communication barriers at the airports, and have been through several both large and small. English signage, English speakers. 

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to AmaWaterways Mekong River Cruise
  • 2 weeks later...

I did this trip with AMA about 9 years ago and my recommendation is to do the entire trip with them.

The tour guide was fantastic, and every Hotel we were in was excellent. The junket boat cabin was beautiful.  We would give it an 11 out of 10 if we could.  I have been on several river cruises since but this is my all time favorite trip.

I am going on the AMA Magma in September.