cagney's. will they work with a vegaterian?

saleaaway

I know its a silly question but we have one veg in our party.  We all still want to go to Cagneys and was wondering if they will do something for her.

I know she could just eat sides, but was hopeful.

thanks

Elaine

54 minutes ago, saleaaway said:

I know its a silly question but we have one veg in our party.  We all still want to go to Cagneys and was wondering if they will do something for her.

I know she could just eat sides, but was hopeful.

thanks

Elaine

I’m going and I’m a vegetarian. Sides are always the best at these restaurants. And a salad. Yum. I bet they would bring in something from bc another restaurant if you asked. I sail in February. I’ll let you know if you’re after me. 

• Like 1

It's always nice to alert them ahead and at least as soon as you are onboard.  Speak to the host/ess and/or manager on duty (even if you are going there on embarkation "evening") so that they can come up with something.

Meanwhile, have your vegan friend look at the latest (or recent) Cagney's Menu ... the word "vegetarian" has different meanings to different folks, better to be clear than to assume.  

Please ask about this on board IN ADVANCE, and they may be able to do more than just a selection of sides.

If there is something from a main DR menu, or even another Specialty, they may be able to arrange that.

Another possibility is to contact Special Needs (AccessDesk) in advance so they can plan for this; you'd need to give then the date you are requesting.

They really try to work with special dietary requests.

GC

• Like 1

I am a vegetarian and love eating at Cagney’s.  The best advice I can offer is to meet with the maître d of Cagney’s on the first day of the cruise and let them know which day(s) you will be dining there.  For an appetizer they can make the mushroom soup from Le Bistro or the cauliflower soup from the main dining rooms and buffet without chicken stock so they are vegetarian.  I always get permission to have the Moderno salad bar as my appetizer when on a ship with a Moderno.

For a main course they can offer Indian food, the vegetable goat cheese stack from Le Bistro, the cauliflower steak from Onda or (my favourite!) this vegetarian polenta dish with roasted tomato sauce, roasted vegetables and plantains. This photo is from last week in Cagney’s on the NCL Jewel and this is the polenta dish.

B1417FDE-18A3-47E6-A336-AD4C729E3536.thumb.jpeg.26c691aac392f168246367363832da39.jpeg

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

I am a vegetarian and love eating at Cagney’s.  The best advice I can offer is to meet with the maître d of Cagney’s on the first day of the cruise and let them know which day(s) you will be dining there.

Good advice.  I'll be traveling with my vegetarian (not vegan) niece and, of course, Cagney's is one of my faves.  Nice to know that, with advance notice, there are real entrees available as opposed to just sides.

• Like 1