Booking another Cruise while onboard.

mtrancher

What if any are the advantages of booking a future cruise while on board a current cruise? We know the next future cruise we want to take and am curious if there is any additional benefit to wait and book it while we are onboard our upcoming cruise. We currently have some cruise next certificates we need to use, so buying some on board and then using them would not be a benefit. Are there any other benefits offered when booking aboard? Thanks

40 minutes ago, mtrancher said:

What if any are the advantages of booking a future cruise while on board a current cruise? We know the next future cruise we want to take and am curious if there is any additional benefit to wait and book it while we are onboard our upcoming cruise. We currently have some cruise next certificates we need to use, so buying some on board and then using them would not be a benefit. Are there any other benefits offered when booking aboard? Thanks

It depends, you really need to check, ask & decide while onboard ... whether it's worth spending more if you do not see the need to buy more CruiseNext Certificates - unless they are running extraordinary promotional specials, not the "everyday values-added specials" that's continuously extended, week after week, month after month.

Those onboard deals that you are referring to - were just discussed here this week - link 

There might be unadvertised specials that the CruiseNext onboard team have access to, i.e. Double Up or the recently (expired, limited time) Triple Up offers for Latitude points, which not everyone cares for.  Could be their option to over-ride their systems to apply 2 CruiseNext Deposits for any categories that's sailing less than 6 months, etc.  May, could be, possibly - you just need to ask & get the promises in writing, as in the form of a confirmed booking/reservation that they help you made - and with the correct "Amenity" coded on the summary sheet. 

Deal or No Deal, that's up to you - you can always politely thank them and walk.  Assuming that the reservation or cruise that you have in mind & know you wanted to book, is still within full cancellation timeframe and not beyond final payment & cancellation deadline - you can come home, change your mind & call to cancel ... the "extra" CND that you brought will be returned to your account, and you'll still have nearly 4 years to book & use them. 

I probably missed a few points, but fellow CC'er will cheerfully jump in and correct things up in no time - besides, it's Friday night and the regulars are hanging out virtually here as usual.  

If you know which cruise you want to book next, check with your travel agent before your cruise and see what kind of deals & perks you can get from your TA.  Then check with the CruiseNext desk while on your cruise.  Compare to two offers and see which one works best in your favor and take that one.

I’d follow Nilbog’s advice. Know the price of the cruise before you go on your cruise and then check onboard.  

We were on an Alaskan cruise this summer and booked a future cruise on board for the first time. They gave us an extra 10% off the cruise we booked and was able to purchase and use cruise next deposits as well. I couldn’t believe it. 

There are occasional extra deals that are offered, but the one that is relatively standard is a within category upgrade, so you can pay for a cheaper balcony and get booked on a more expensive balcony for example.

Doesn’t work with things like aft rooms or large balconies, but it could save you a small amount.

Edited by KeithJenner

8 hours ago, Nilbog said:

If you know which cruise you want to book next, check with your travel agent before your cruise and see what kind of deals & perks you can get from your TA.  Then check with the CruiseNext desk while on your cruise.  Compare to two offers and see which one works best in your favor and take that one.

You can also book on board and then transfer to the TA.

This can be used as a negotiation tactic with the TA, ie, ask the TA what they will do if you transfer your already booked cruise to them.  

Edited by RocketMan275

8 hours ago, CruisingGator96 said:

I’d follow Nilbog’s advice. Know the price of the cruise before you go on your cruise and then check onboard.  

We were on an Alaskan cruise this summer and booked a future cruise on board for the first time. They gave us an extra 10% off the cruise we booked and was able to purchase and use cruise next deposits as well. I couldn’t believe it. 

I have heard this from other cruisers whiles onboard. They always try to sell me extra CN, but never offer deals.