Just off Allure

jmalsa

Just now, jmalsa said:

Again my daughter is in high school a sophomore. Royal states 18+. The last cruise we were on before Covid there was a 12 year old there. I would not recommend it for anyone under high school age. Technically Royal could kick you out if they wanted to. 
During the show they asked for underwear or thongs. Condoms or female toys. Again how worldly are your high schoolers. My family is pretty open and have open discussions with our now growing children a lot of the time. We had been to quest many times and knowing our daughter figured she could handle it. And she did. 

13 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Hi @jmalsa! Two questions - first, was Quest appropriate for your 15 year old? I've heard how funny it is, but also that some versions can get more risqué than others...

And second, you mention your shoes but not clothing for ATVs. We're doing our first ATV adventure in April on Cozumel and have no idea what to expect. Should we wear long pants (googling says engines could be hot)? Is there flying debris? Lots of mud? Should we wear goggles and long sleeves? And just confirming that you think water shoes and/or crocs would be fine for the ATV, as opposed to something sturdier? 

Thanks!

As far as clothes for ATV’s you will get dirty and soaked. Also the steam from the water and the Atv engine can get hot so the tell you to keep your legs out and away. My 18 year old son has hairy legs and he did singe a few leg hairs. They provide goggles and helmets and bandanas to cover your mouth. Up to you how you want to protect rest of your body. I think there are changing rooms to change clothes after if you want. There might be showers,I know there is a hose to rinse off. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Hi @jmalsa! Two questions - first, was Quest appropriate for your 15 year old? I've heard how funny it is, but also that some versions can get more risqué than others...

And second, you mention your shoes but not clothing for ATVs. We're doing our first ATV adventure in April on Cozumel and have no idea what to expect. Should we wear long pants (googling says engines could be hot)? Is there flying debris? Lots of mud? Should we wear goggles and long sleeves? And just confirming that you think water shoes and/or crocs would be fine for the ATV, as opposed to something sturdier? 

Thanks!

On Mariner -  staff were actively removing kids from Studio B.    They do not want kids  attending Quest - and after watching it I don’t disagree with them.   People are crazy - in a hilarious way - but definitely pushing limits.   It’s okay for a few things to be for over 18’s.  

Hi! I was also on this cruise with you! I had my 20yr old son and 19 yr old boy girl twins and hubby. We also did the Jade Caverns ATV tour

I agree with pretty much everything. We had a fantastic time. I was sad to see all the vegetation that had died in the frost a few weeks earlier but it cant be helped. 

My kids opted to not do the quest thing but hung out in the solarium and central park. 

I loved all the shows. Mama Mia was fantastic and the comedians had me rolling. I loved seeing everyone dressed up on New years Eve. So festive. 

We did previous Carnival Cruises so we felt we moved up the ladder in service and amenities. I am doing a Celebrity Cruise in a year so I cant wait to see what that holds. 

Only complaint was the beds. Hard as a rock! It was awful but I was so exhausted I slept (but napped daily in the solarium). I knew this coming in- Thanks Cruise critic, but opted to not bring my memory foam topper. Lesson learned. 

9 hours ago, lauraingalls said:

Only complaint was the beds. Hard as a rock! It was awful but I was so exhausted I slept  

I honestly can't comment on any of the beds I've slept on on any of RCCL's ships.  Usually, by the time I get to go to bed, I'm so tired, I could sleep on a bed of nails and think it was the most comfy bed in the world.  Hell, most of the time, I don't even remember going to bed, that has nothing to do with adult beverage.  Well, not usually.  

On 1/8/2023 at 10:55 PM, lauraingalls said:

Only complaint was the beds. Hard as a rock! It was awful but I was so exhausted I slept (but napped daily in the solarium). I knew this coming in- Thanks Cruise critic, but opted to not bring my memory foam topper. Lesson learned. 

Bear Down!

First thing my wife does when she sees the room attendant is ask for a mattress topper.  What they have aren't the greatest, but I find them to make the beds comfortable enough.

5 hours ago, mil76 said:

Bear Down!

First thing my wife does when she sees the room attendant is ask for a mattress topper.  What they have aren't the greatest, but I find them to make the beds comfortable enough.

Just ask for a second topper if one isn't enough.

5 hours ago, mil76 said:

Bear Down!

Bear Down!

We asked for one but it was still rock hard but I like to sleep with a soft memory foam so I know next time, I will bring my 2in topper. I still loved my cruise!

On 1/10/2023 at 1:37 PM, brewmaster_75 said:

@jmalsaand @lauraingalls We are sailing Allure 1/15 and had heard some chatter about the plants and trees in Central Park damaged by the freeze we had over Christmas. How did everything look in CP on your cruise? 

HI there, we are also sailing on the Allure on 1/15. See you onboard 

• Like 1