Current Diamond Benefits + 3 day Weekend cruise questions

LMaxwell

I'll need a refresher, it has been over 3 years since my last MSC cruise. I see Divina weekend cruises from Miami that only go to Ocean Cay and that actually looks pretty interesting to me! 

But I do have questions about the Diamond benefits; or what used to be black card.

• What is the current "tasting" menu and which restaurant do they allow you to redeem the Black card dinner at?  
  • If I go with a minor that has a Voyagers club card; will they allow that for redeeming the dinner? (can't imagine why they wouldn't, but MSC is weird sometimes)
  • For the spa access; does it matter which day you use it? Ship stays overnight at Ocean Cay so I guess they are both technically port days. 
  • I am guessing 'chocolate ship' is a thing of the past; what gift do they deliver now out of curiosity? 
  • Voyagers Club free photo; I remember there was some wacky way to redeem this in the past, but not recalling what. Is it a 5x7 or something? 

Other questions

• Is kids club open on the ship on the 3 day cruises, or are kids activities only available on the island? 
  • What time does entertainment on the island at night time start/end? 
  • Is there dinner on the island or only lunch? 

13 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I have searched out most of these, but what I can't find is the Galaxy restaurant menu or what the alternative is to Butchers Cut. 

The most recent Galaxy info I found is this video

I'm not sure about the alternatives for the Diamond dinner offer. Maybe someone else knows.

21 minutes ago, Match Game 72 said:

The most recent Galaxy info I found is this video

I'm not sure about the alternatives for the Diamond dinner offer. Maybe someone else knows.

Thanks.  Cool channel.  Has lots of short vids of dining venues on various ships.  

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 11:45 PM, LMaxwell said:

I'll need a refresher, it has been over 3 years since my last MSC cruise. I see Divina weekend cruises from Miami that only go to Ocean Cay and that actually looks pretty interesting to me! 

But I do have questions about the Diamond benefits; or what used to be black card.

• What is the current "tasting" menu and which restaurant do they allow you to redeem the Black card dinner at?  Butcher's Cut on Divina is your best bet
  • If I go with a minor that has a Voyagers club card; will they allow that for redeeming the dinner? (can't imagine why they wouldn't, but MSC is weird sometimes) ?? You only need one at Diamond level to get a dinner for 2 (for the cabin)
  • For the spa access; does it matter which day you use it? Ship stays overnight at Ocean Cay so I guess they are both technically port days.  You will have to pre-arrange
  • I am guessing 'chocolate ship' is a thing of the past; what gift do they deliver now out of curiosity?  On my most recent 4 nighter there was no chocolate offering (before it was a choc bar)
  • Voyagers Club free photo; I remember there was some wacky way to redeem this in the past, but not recalling what. Is it a 5x7 or something?  Either the welcome back cocktail (which they won't have for a 3 nighter, or a photo taken at dinner)

Other questions

• Is kids club open on the ship on the 3 day cruises, or are kids activities only available on the island? Yes, to the first, no to the 2nd
  • What time does entertainment on the island at night time start/end? On island, shows start around 8'ish and end by 11'ish
  • Is there dinner on the island or only lunch?  only lunch