Arvia Deck 9 Deck plan change

TravelMadBrits

Hi all I have booked a conservatory mini suite on Arvia on deck 9, a few months ago. I booked what looked like an extended end room, however some newer deck plans now show deck 9 mid aft all the same. It’s room 9611 and that room to 9625 was sticking out but it looks like that has changed. I’m waiting for a call back from P&O. 

Has anyone been in any room from 9611 to 9625? Or can anyone see from deck 8 what it looks like please?  I’ve looked at videos and I think the deck plan I booked on (brochure to March 2023) is different.  I’m attaching before and after pics. 

many thanks 

EDCDF85A-9FF4-4509-A945-910062DCCA46.jpeg

39A26028-8AAD-4608-B1BD-7F74F6D0FD40.jpeg

Looking at your plans and also those of Iona from 2020, 2021 I'd say the original was a misprint.

Ships are normally built with both sides identical (Edge class Celebrity ships being an exception) and that is not the case on your originally plan.

Iona, a near identical ship, has never shown that extension so I guess it's probably an error.

Both Green & Co and Sindhu have 'conservatory areas' (despite metal roofs). When the plans were drawn they seem to indicate that the conservatory rooms would go over these however that is not the way they were built - see picture by first and second lifeboat.

P&O Cruises Officially Welcomes New Ship Arvia — Cruise Lowdown

Its not a surprise as extending this small section of cabins would create a shade trap for surrounding cabins. Also the scraping of deck chairs on the balconies above would create awful noise in the restaurants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it was just an error on the original diagram as Iona has the same deck 8 extensions and the plan has never shown extended deck 9 plans - sadly, it happens as these are marketing documents where someone has had to interpret a technical document of a yet unbuilt ship.

There is a process to check the final ship design/layout and update the maps once built. This is how the partially accessible inside cabins came about.

• Like 1