REFLECTION Pier in Ft Lauderdale and parking

Gracie115

We have dear friends about to sail on Reflection, their 1st cruise in over 20 years.  Can someone let me know what pier Reflection docks at in Ft Lauderdale and whether parking is close by and what the cost of parking will be for a 7 night cruise.  

The couple is elderly so as much information as they can get ahead of time will make things easier for them.  Also is there a separate suites area for check in for the Reflection?

Thanks for any help.

I was just on the Reflection last month. We were at pier 29. We dropped our bags off at the pier, but it was very crowded and probably took at least 15-20 minutes to do so.  (I’m guessing we were there at prime time around 11:30-12 or so.). We then drove over to the Palm garage just a few blocks away and parked on the 4th level. (Just follow the “P” signs as you exit the pier area.)  We took the elevator down to the first floor to catch a shuttle where they stored our carryons in the back.

If I had it to do over again, I would have gone straight to the Palm garage, parked, taken the elevator to the first floor, and had them load all of my luggage on the shuttle there. That’s what many people were doing. When you get off the shuttle there were porters to collect your bags to have them transferred to the ship. 

When we disembarked, we got our luggage and went outside to catch the shuttle back to the garage. The elevators are not large and there were a lot of people trying to get on with their big suitcases. I ended up leaving my friend on the first floor with the luggage while I went up and brought the car down. When you get to the first floor, turn right and there are some spaces going towards the elevators where you can easily park and load your luggage. 

I think we paid $15 a day to park.  I don’t know about the suite checkin as we were only in a balcony cabin. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SeaWatch12 said:

It appears that Reflection is using # 29 at this time. I don’t know how close the parking is. The Port recommends Palm Garage and it says they offer shuttle service. 
Here is the link to that page of the Port Everglades website. 
https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/

1 hour ago, carolyn22 said:

I was just on the Reflection last month. We were at pier 29. We dropped our bags off at the pier, but it was very crowded and probably took at least 15-20 minutes to do so.  (I’m guessing we were there at prime time around 11:30-12 or so.). We then drove over to the Palm garage just a few blocks away and parked on the 4th level. (Just follow the “P” signs as you exit the pier area.)  We took the elevator down to the first floor to catch a shuttle where they stored our carryons in the back.

If I had it to do over again, I would have gone straight to the Palm garage, parked, taken the elevator to the first floor, and had them load all of my luggage on the shuttle there. That’s what many people were doing. When you get off the shuttle there were porters to collect your bags to have them transferred to the ship. 

When we disembarked, we got our luggage and went outside to catch the shuttle back to the garage. The elevators are not large and there were a lot of people trying to get on with their big suitcases. I ended up leaving my friend on the first floor with the luggage while I went up and brought the car down. When you get to the first floor, turn right and there are some spaces going towards the elevators where you can easily park and load your luggage. 

I think we paid $15 a day to park.  I don’t know about the suite checkin as we were only in a balcony cabin. 

Thanks for your help, I may advise them to leave their car at a friends house and taxi over to the pier.  Seems that would be the easiest thing to do.

• Like 2