Group Booking Terms

soaddictive

Hey there,

My friends and I booked 2 cabins on NCL and then ended up have more friends join us. We now have 7 cabins in total. We have only out deposits for now as the sailing is a year away.

my question: If I call ncl and ask to make this a group to get perks, does this add restrictions? What happens if one of the friends drops out? Are we stuck with paying for that cabin and finding a replacement? Is it worth it to combine us into a group or is it better to leave our bookings as separate?

7 minutes ago, soaddictive said:

Hey there,

My friends and I booked 2 cabins on NCL and then ended up have more friends join us. We now have 7 cabins in total. We have only out deposits for now as the sailing is a year away.

my question: If I call ncl and ask to make this a group to get perks, does this add restrictions? What happens if one of the friends drops out? Are we stuck with paying for that cabin and finding a replacement? Is it worth it to combine us into a group or is it better to leave our bookings as separate?

Before you ask your question, look at the group requirements, then ask. 

https://www.ncl.com/group-travel

This is going to sound a bit confusing but it's actually really easy to form a group and no, you don't have to pay if someone doesn't go thru with final payment.

I've booked the last 5 group sailings for my large group. Our group sails again in 2 weeks so unless they've changed anything since here's my understanding... Absolutely call and form your group. You will need 5 cabins to be considered a group sailing. No, you will not have to pay for someone's cabin if they drop out. So say you book 7 cabins... and only 4 of those make the final payment...then they would cancel your group arrangement and your group perks would be forfeit but you'd still get ncl's standard perks for whatever cabins you booked. If you book 7 cabins and all or at least 5 make final payment... then whoever is the group leader will receive a tour conductor credit which is worth 1 passenger sailing free. This doesn't include taxes, port fees etc. So I'm totally rounding here but to give you an idea if you all book balcony rooms and your cruise fare per person was 1500 pp then you'll get around 800-1000 credited back to your form of payment. mind you, im rounding a bit. You can choose to keep that for yourself or divvy it up to all your cabins. If you choose the latter, then i suggest you pay your cruise via bank card as they credit it back to original form of payment.

Also note that not all cabins are included.  We originally had club balcony suites with large balcony for our group and had to give up the large balcony.   Also one of the cabins had three in it and another had one.  They did not qualify either.  We had to move the third passenger to the single cabin which ended up being cheaper.   Since we booked very far out, we received 15% off and $100 OBC for each cabin.

On 1/8/2023 at 5:31 PM, BirdTravels said:

Before you ask your question, look at the group requirements, then ask. 

https://www.ncl.com/group-travel

Thanks so much for the link. We have a group of 7 cabins booked. My SIL told me yesterday that my booking is not included in the group and she doesn't know why. I have a solo studio and everyone else has balconies. I'm wondering if that is why. I planned on calling but I'm hoping that someone here may be able to confirm or deny that would be the reason.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

24 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Thanks so much for the link. We have a group of 7 cabins booked. My SIL told me yesterday that my booking is not included in the group and she doesn't know why. I have a solo studio and everyone else has balconies. I'm wondering if that is why. I planned on calling but I'm hoping that someone here may be able to confirm or deny that would be the reason.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

How many in the other six cabins?  If more than two, they do not count towards the minimum needed as well as the solo cabin.      Based on my understanding from our group, we needed a minimum of five cabins with two passengers in each .   

5 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

How many in the other six cabins?  If more than two, they do not count towards the minimum needed as well as the solo cabin.      Based on my understanding from our group, we needed a minimum of five cabins with two passengers in each .   

4 cabins have two passengers 2 cabins have four passengers and my solo. All of those bookings have Grp on them except for mine.

Thank you!

So NCL had to change my advisor as he did nothing. Looks like my group is getting put together but I can’t figure out how they are discounting it. Im in a mc and a year out- that should be 15% but with these free promos sbd 50% off, their math is weird. Still waiting for my group email confirmation to see what kickbacks I get as group lead. 

solo cabin- I asked as we have one and it does qualify apparently?