Specialty Dining question...1-10-2023

tcmagnum

We will be on the Connie in February and have a few quick questions about Specialty Dining.

I've read a bunch of post but seeing different answers.

Do we have to buy the specialty dining online before we board?

Do we save $$ by buying online ahead of the cruise?

When can we make reservations for our specialty dining -> we are doing Tuscan Grille?

Make reservations on our app before we board?

OR

Make reservations when we first board?

I've enjoyed getting little hints about our fabulous cruise we have coming up - Thank you!!!

I'm a bit unclear if you are talking of purchasing the Specialty Dining Package or just book an individual night or two.

There are some discounts offered by booking in advance online prior to sailing.   One that comes to mind is the first night discount.    My understanding is that if you buy it online your CC discount is not applied.  

The packages for multiple nights is often discounted in advance.   

If you make your reservation in advance it will be immediately charged to either your OBC or to a Credit Card.   You can cancel your reservation anytime up to 24 hours prior to dining for a refund to original form of payment.

They have multiple reservation stations set up around the ship and one full time outside OVC.   You can also stop at any of the Specialties and they will make reservations for you as well as the front desk Customer Service and the Retreat Concierge.

• Like 1

Not to step on Jim's reply, but if you want to make reservations for specific nights at specific times prior to boarding you'll need to book each night as an individual reservation and will probably lose any discount except the one for the first night.  If you book the multi-night package you get a discount, but the trade off is you can't make reservations until you are onboard and then you'll be limited to what is still available.  May not be an issue, but if you want to pick a certain restaurant, on a particular day and time (say Tuscan on a birthday at 5:30 to make the 7:00 show) you may want to give up the discount and book at full price before your sailing.  

If you have flexibility in the venue, date and time you should be fine with a multi-night package and making reservations when you board.

• Like 1

Thank you both for your answers.

We were only looking at Tuscan Grille for one night, but the last three times we tried it showed sold out.  So, we were going to purchase it online and then book once on ship.

But!!!  I just went on again and was able to book the first night at Tuscan Grille with the discount (for first night)!! 

So, we are now getting even more excited.

We had booked back last March and got a good deal w/internet and tips and drink package included.

Now just have to wait for time to board and get our drinks on!!

I have to admit I was hoping Jim_Iain would chime in.  I have thoroughly enjoyed all your live feeds. 

And garyl62 - Thank you for sharing your information.

Here's to cruising again!!