Young kids on MSC Seascape- advice?

skittl1321

Just booked my first MSC Cruise. I'm super excited, but a bit nervous as reviews seem mixed.

Our kids will be 4 and 6- can you give me a preview of how things will go?  Do I need to bring things to keep them busy on sea days, or do you think the pools and kids club will keep kids this age engaged?

Is the only children's menu the one that is for "babies older than 12 months"?  

How does the crew do with children?

Our booking came with the drinks package, and it says it has soft serve ice cream; is this like on carnival where it is just out on the deck? How much does gelato cost, as I know the kids will want that!

Any other tips for making the best of an MSC cruise?

cruising for the second time this APril (last was Jan 22) for 7 days with 5 kids ( extended family!) ages 2-12.  There is TONS of stuff for the kids to do in or our of the kids club.  TIP:  get them a "funpass" ahead of time ( pay $80 for $140 worth of game time).  The arcade has the usual stuff PLUS a bunch of virtual reality stuff.  The kids will love it!

The waiters we had were great with the kids.  SO good that I actually went to the service desk on day 4 to compliment them by name.  I must have really raved ( I know we weren't an easy group-6 adults and 5 kids) because the compliment was forwarded and they goe the next might off.  We thought they were sick.  The next night they were so appreciative it was kinda embarrassing.  They will bend over backwards for the kids!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, skittl1321 said:

Do I need to bring things to keep them busy on sea days, or do you think the pools and kids club will keep kids this age engaged?

that depends on your kids... Mine has always refused to go to the kid's club, so he spends every minutes of the cruise with us. When he was your kids' age, he loved going to the pool, spray ground and hot tubs. He doesn't anymore.  We used to bring some toys with us even on RCI and Princess cruises.

Don't forget to bring beach toys. 🙂

Of course, a tablet with cartoons and movies has always been a must with our kid. Plus headphones. It's nice to have a nice uninterrupted MDR dinner while your kid is occupied and is not running around like a Tasmanian devil.

P.S. We've never ever used an arcade on the cruise. Probably, since they are so dang expensive.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 1:14 PM, bafinegan said:

cruising for the second time this APril (last was Jan 22) for 7 days with 5 kids ( extended family!) ages 2-12.  There is TONS of stuff for the kids to do in or our of the kids club.  TIP:  get them a "funpass" ahead of time ( pay $80 for $140 worth of game time).  The arcade has the usual stuff PLUS a bunch of virtual reality stuff.  The kids will love it!

The waiters we had were great with the kids.  SO good that I actually went to the service desk on day 4 to compliment them by name.  I must have really raved ( I know we weren't an easy group-6 adults and 5 kids) because the compliment was forwarded and they goe the next might off.  We thought they were sick.  The next night they were so appreciative it was kinda embarrassing.  They will bend over backwards for the kids!

Can you purchase 1 fun pass and use it for both kids?