Proof of vaccination/exceptions

scarlet-amelia

So I'm booking a group on a south Pacific cruise and some in my party have questions about vaccinations and I'm wondering if you fine people can assist. 

1. For those who are vaccinated can they just upload a photo of their vaccine card? Or do they need to carry it with them? 

2. For those unable to be vaccinated and want to apply for an exception, how is that done? Can they get an exception waiver prior to booking? They don't want to book, then be denied an exemption and be out the money. Any input on that? 

27 minutes ago, scarlet-amelia said:

So I'm booking a group on a south Pacific cruise and some in my party have questions about vaccinations and I'm wondering if you fine people can assist. 

1. For those who are vaccinated can they just upload a photo of their vaccine card? Or do they need to carry it with them? 

2. For those unable to be vaccinated and want to apply for an exception, how is that done? Can they get an exception waiver prior to booking? They don't want to book, then be denied an exemption and be out the money. Any input on that? 

These are very serious questions about the vaccination status. Do not rely on CC on answers.  If you have a TA/CVP use them.

I assume you are on an Enhanced voyage?

1.  They do need to download the vax certificate AND carry the original vax certificate with them to show.

2.  They can apply for an exemption with PCL online.  There is a link in order to do that.  However, there are countries that you are required to have the vaccination. So, check that.  The enhanced voyages also required at least 1 booster.  

Have you read the requirements for enhanced voyages? 

You don’t say when the cruise is.  If it’s far out, then things may change many times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rhblake said:

I suspect that the only valid exemption is from their doctor (not the cruise line), which they should probably obtain before they book.

No, that is not correct.  They MUST go through Princess for an exemption.

These cruises specifically state what is required and if they don’t have the required documents, they must contact Princess to see if it’s possible for an exemption.

For cruises that are 16 days or over and certain countries (Panama being the only one I can think of right now), vaxes are required. There's no exemptions that I know of.  

I know on our Sept cruise, they had just dropped the vax requirement, but unvaxxed weren't allowed to go ashore in Canada.  

BUT, things could change.  

Real simple log into the Princess Cruise Personalizer. Go to the Cruise Health tool and put the voyage number in the tool. It will tell you exactly what the requirements for that cruise are. I am on a Panama Canal cruise that stops in Colombia and non vaccinated passengers need a negative test or cannot board. Every cruise is different depending on length and ports.  There is no one answer

11 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I cannot help you with question #2...but in regards to taking the physical vax card...I lump that into the same category as "Never travel without my passport".  Why take the chance?  It's not like it's going to be a heavy burden!

We have used the electronic card sent out by our state health department   In our phones wallets and acceptable to Princess on all 4 cruises we took last year. I also have it in writing from Princess. The original cards are flimsy and easily lost or destroyed. The bigger issue being asked by the OP is about unvaccinated passengers. Those rules will change cruise to cruise and could change at a moments notice. There are people who will not vaccinate and do not want to take tests. On cruises with certain ports they will have a major problem