LIVE From the “80s Theme” Regal - 1/11/23 - 4 Day Princess Cays

CanadianBurger

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

CanadianBurger was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hello again CCers, and welcome to another one of my Live blogs. So happy to be cruising again after 2020 and 2021. 

Today begins a too-short four day voyage to Princess Cays and back. But this trip is 80s Themed! 

Arrived at the port at 9:45 to a short line.

6B589B4A-37F3-40D1-B35B-79C4043BF6FA.thumb.jpeg.5d21c8ca31f3969aedec13e03be8764b.jpeg

It was a short wait and the doors opened at 9:55. 

• Like 1

Back at Crooners for my traditional welcome aboard Skyfall. Kelvin and Inyoman working now, Jefferson joining at noon. 

A4040CFE-DBAC-4B52-A905-62FE63872FEB.thumb.jpeg.b2399ce0f04ec3803be8c5bb69a2d4bf.jpeg

24 days ago, we were disappointed that Chambord and St. Germain liqueurs had been replaced with cheaper generics. But now, they’re back!!

571A4DFB-852E-47ED-98C4-FA20EB892369.thumb.jpeg.5634ba0898e54f22b1fdc031f2ec15e2.jpeg

• Like 5

Following. Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you had a smooth embarkation. As a CCL shareholder, I fear what this means, even though as a cruise guest I totally approve.

It looks like this is even heavier on the 80s theme than my cruise late in '21. I like the 80s themed bands scattered all over.

I wanted to book more than one of these 80s  themed cruises, but this particular one had the worst conflict with work. 

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I liked Mr. Oscar, but I heard that the group on another recent Princess cruise gave him a rough time.

I'm looking forward to hearing your comments about the Pat Benatar and Foreigner tributes.

Would love to see some of the wine and drink price lists!  Curious how the transition of the new plus and premier packages are impacting that. We are boarding Sky on Saturday- wanted to do this cruise too but it does not get back to port until 15th 😞 Thanks- looks like I don't have to tell you to have fun 🙂

Walked forward to the grill, which was busy enough that they were using the pagers. Used the time to get a piña colada from Mermaids Tail. Pager went off and I collected my food. 

There’s a Journey concert playing on the screen while I indulged in snack #2, if the beef & mashed could be considered light lunch #1 🤣

A394D127-1B23-4C9F-8DD6-3AD7901BE3D0.thumb.jpeg.b532b7abb3a8e5c0b5d12a6d4314c02b.jpeg

3B67A18E-AC34-4E64-BF7F-C8AB4C74DFAF.thumb.jpeg.96c97a22ef7946294d6d95e8de15cc9f.jpeg

• Like 5

Pro tip for boarding a ship at Terminal 2:

If you come into the port from the north (SE 17th St. and Eisenhower Blvd), you turn left into T2 before the port security checkpoint on Eisenhower, skipping the delay of vehicle inspection. If you enter the port from the south (595 and Eller Drive), you’ll have to stop in the line for the Eller Drive security checkpoint. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

Staff have told me that there are only 1907 passengers. Should be a wonderful cruise. 

Thanks for sharing this.  We had about half that number on our cruise on the Regal a bit over a year ago.

Edited by Honolulu Blue