Sell Me On The Interior YC Meraviglia!

MsTabbyKats

On 1/12/2023 at 12:45 PM, funNsun4me said:

I sailed Seaside YC Interior with a friend but will be sailing with DH on Meraviglia YC Interior this summer which I hear might be a wee bit smaller than the inside on Seaside.  Storage is limited so we packed a lot of removable hooks for hanging swim suits, coverups and such, it was fine and we were2 women, lol.  I booked Deck 16 both times so we are on the same level as the lounge.  Dinner is anytime you want to go I believe from 5 or 5:30.  I thought food in YC was good.  YC and Aurea are different areas.  YC has it's own pool, hot tubs, buffet breakfast and lunch but the dining room is also open for breakfast and lunch as well.  Aurea guests not allowed in YC area.  We did have access to spa but never checked it out.  Can't comment on uni-sex toliet but on both Seaside and Seashore there was separate public restroom on 16, one for men, one for woman.  We usually tip above the basic grats.

Hope this helps.

I booked a YCI on deck 16 directly across from the YC Lounge for Christmas Week. It will be my first time sailing in an interior cabin on any ship but I’m hoping that the easy access to the YC Lounge will more than makeup for the smaller room. We never spend much time in our stateroom anyway. 

19 hours ago, GA Dave said:

My YIN on Meraviglia back in November.  This was 16006, right down the hall from the Top Sail Lounge.  I was in 16012 this past weekend and it looked exactly the same.

What a coincidence! I booked 16006 for my sailing later this year. 

Do you think that you spent more time in the YC areas, being so close? Or because you had an inside cabin? 

12 minutes ago, BelleEpoque said:

What a coincidence! I booked 16006 for my sailing later this year. 

Do you think that you spent more time in the YC areas, being so close? Or because you had an inside cabin? 

I have found that I split my time pretty equally between the YC facilities and the general areas of the ship, whether I am in an interior or a Deluxe Suite. The only time I feel the balcony is really necessary is on longer cruise, like my eleven-night coming up in April.

@GA DaveWe're gonna be in 16010....right by the Topsail Lounge.  One of the selling points if that if we feel "on top of each other", the lounge is literally steps away.

@helenbThanks for the tip.  DH is not handicapped at all.  He's 88 and was always (pre colon cancer surgery) very active.  However, right now he's still a bit hesitant with walking unassisted so I want to avoid standing and waiting in lines as much as possible.

Before I thought of YCI I was thinking of a wheelchair just so boarding would be easy, but no need now.  In addition, we are "buffet people" and as of now he isn't "buffet ready".  Having the dining room "right there", with good food (not a fan of mdr food on any line) and good service will be ideal. 

For us there was no downside and the price we got was way too good to pass up.

Anyway...made final payment so it's "Yacht Club here I come!"

• Like 2