Norwegian Encore Spa vs. Adult Pool

MidLifeMom

2 minutes ago, MidLifeMom said:

For people who have sailed on NCL Encore, can you tell me if the Thermal Spa or the Adult Pool is worth the price? If you could only choose one, which would it be?

Adult pool?

3 hours ago, MidLifeMom said:

For people who have sailed on NCL Encore, can you tell me if the Thermal Spa or the Adult Pool is worth the price? If you could only choose one, which would it be?

Welcome to Cruise Critic. 

"Worth the Price" is totally subjective. I would not buy a Vibe pass (Adult Pool) on any cruise. I would buy a Thermal Suite pass on every cruise. 

The Vibe (adult pool) does not have a pool. It is a private sundeck with a couple of hot tubs and a private bar. If you want the the benefit sitting outside without having to look for a lounger on the public sundecks, if you want to be part of an exclusive club for your cruise and spend your time drinking on deck at a private bar, then buy a Vibe pass. Consider the weather on your cruise before buying the pass (summers in the Caribbean can be oppressively hot and cruises to Alaska can be cool/cold. (Note that it was raining on the day these Vibe photos were taken). 

image.png.8800608d135fe5cd14c36da0042b1a77.png

image.png.5f3600ea0e7a4d064e4f01eb8522d637.png

image.png.bcf2d9c0a791cf5e24e60373c69c3294.png

image.png.77260701ed1c049ff66ee756b9761411.png

The Therman Suite is a private area with saunas, steam room, salt bath, snow room. It has hot stone loungers and padded loungers to rest and relax. The large hydrotherapy pool is heated with warm jets to massage away the aches and pains of walking around on shore excursions. 

image.png.216e19bc85515dc555de686c95cab3cc.png

image.png.6e5357f2df2b9175dbef3584cbc00efd.png

image.png.efba4fd70277865717d1215dc126cb4d.png

Steam Room

image.png.e6313553992ea60e58235111e8cb1319.png

Salt Bath

image.png.91771cd94fd0426d012cfb37372c8e12.png

Hot Stone Loungers

image.png.e558643447e73aaca4b0235f6d9416c3.png

image.png.1092fe71a3d3c2f3fc9da37b61443906.png

The following link has some photos of the Encore

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

Once you do a Thermal Spa Pass, you may never go back to the pool deck (LOL). We always get the Spa pass:

• No kids jumping on you or peeing in the pool
  • You can get a spot in the hot tub
  • You can get a padded lounge chair (and usually a heated stone chair).
  • Don't need to "check-out" towels at the desk and hope no one steals them (and then you have to pay for them). Plus, they have robes you can wear.
  • No band playing overly-loud music (we like to read while at the pool or listen to our favorite music [with earplugs])
  • Infused water (and most of the time tea) is readily available and sometimes fruit
  • A handicap accessible shower, which is bigger than the cabin and has a bench (I have a back injury and standing in the shower is hard at time). This allows my wife and I to get ready for dinner at the same time.
  •  Great view from the front (most ships) or back (Epic, Breakaway, and Encore) of the ship
  • Did I say, no kids (and most of the time drunk adults)

Others have done a good job explaining the two venues.  One point that is important to note is the Spa is inside while Vibe is outside.

We love Vibe and find the spa turns us off - too hot, damp and stuffy.  Saunas and steam and heated loungers do nothing for us and the fact that they are inside - no thanks.  I'll take the fresh air of Vibe.