Chef's Table by Daniel Boulud - Which Day?

cdn_tbird

We have significant amount of OBCN on our Nov. cruise and are looking at a couple of things we'd like to do including the Chef's table, and the Chef's Market Discovery excursion. I understand that if we book the Chef's Table, we'll get confirmation of date & time when we board.

Since the description says " Cancelled packages are subject to full cover charges and there are no refunds for unused amounts", I'm wondering if the Chef's Table is done on a sea day or could it be any day? 

Thanks

Sad thing is we have done both because we had a lot of OBCN.   Both were a bust for us.  They were on different cruises and ships.  

Chefs market Place  was in St Lucia.   They took us to the market and walked us thru it showing us the different sections.   We have been there before walking to the the town section.  They didn’t do anything that we didn’t see on our own.  We then went to the Pink house.  That was the best part.  Food was good and better than our dinner that night.   The dinner at night was family style and most was over cooked and not that good. It didn’t help when the Sommelier asked if I wanted some wine.  I said yes I have the premium package    He poured some and said it is what they recommend, and asked if I liked it.  I said it was fine.   I asked again if it was within the package and he said yes it is $10.    My glass would get within 1/4 of being empty and he was on the spot to refill it.  Service was great.   Didn’t need the  last glass of wine.   At the end of dinner he gave me and also the couple next to us a bill as they were also drinking the same wine. .  Mine was for $48.    4 fills at $10 plus 20%.  The wine wasn’t that great and not worth the extra cost 

Chef’s Table for us was a bust.  It depends on the other guest dining with you.  There  were 11 of us seated at a table for 8.  They weren’t the social type and all thought they were expert food critics complaining about everything.   We just sat there without saying a thing trying to enjoy the dinner.   The officer with us would talk about something and one couple would keep telling him that they weren’t interested in that.  The chef or cook would just announce what they were serving.  No detail or anything about how it was prepared.   We would have been also been better off booking a dinner in that restaurant and be able to choose our entree instead of what they served and enjoyed a table by our selves 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We've done the Chef's Table three times and each was wonderful. The food has been wonderful and the service, excellent. We've never had a ship's officer join us and the other diners were either quiet (as is their right) or good company. 

11 hours ago, patty1955 said:

We've done the Chef's Table three times and each was wonderful. The food has been wonderful and the service, excellent. We've never had a ship's officer join us and the other diners were either quiet (as is their right) or good company. 

11 hours ago, miched said:

Sad thing is we have done both because we had a lot of OBCN.   Both were a bust for us.  They were on different cruises and ships.  

Chefs market Place  was in St Lucia.   They took us to the market and walked us thru it showing us the different sections.   We have been there before walking to the the town section.  They didn’t do anything that we didn’t see on our own.  We then went to the Pink house.  That was the best part.  Food was good and better than our dinner that night.   The dinner at night was family style and most was over cooked and not that good. It didn’t help when the Sommelier asked if I wanted some wine.  I said yes I have the premium package    He poured some and said it is what they recommend, and asked if I liked it.  I said it was fine.   I asked again if it was within the package and he said yes it is $10.    My glass would get within 1/4 of being empty and he was on the spot to refill it.  Service was great.   Didn’t need the  last glass of wine.   At the end of dinner he gave me and also the couple next to us a bill as they were also drinking the same wine. .  Mine was for $48.    4 fills at $10 plus 20%.  The wine wasn’t that great and not worth the extra cost 

Chef’s Table for us was a bust.  It depends on the other guest dining with you.  There  were 11 of us seated at a table for 8.  They weren’t the social type and all thought they were expert food critics complaining about everything.   We just sat there without saying a thing trying to enjoy the dinner.   The officer with us would talk about something and one couple would keep telling him that they weren’t interested in that.  The chef or cook would just announce what they were serving.  No detail or anything about how it was prepared.   We would have been also been better off booking a dinner in that restaurant and be able to choose our entree instead of what they served and enjoyed a table by our selves 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Miched & Patty1955, I appreciate your insights. Do either of you recall whether the Chef's Table you did was on a sea day?

9 minutes ago, cdn_tbird said:

Miched & Patty1955, I appreciate your insights. Do either of you recall whether the Chef's Table you did was on a sea day?

Ours was on the first sea day on the last cruise (Oct 2022). The others, I don't remember