Shopping - iPAD

Ekposh

I was recently on the Scarlet Lady and the only electronics I saw for sale on board was a high end pair of over the ear headphones (price unknown).  My friends call me Mr. Gadget and I would have been all over an electronics store but atlas there were none.

I was looking forward to to buying copious amounts of Virgin Logo hats, shirts and jackets but the Virgin Brand store was very small and lacked variety.  I ended up with a red sweatshirt and back polo shirt.

Here is a link with a list of the onboard shopping :https://ajourneywelove.com/virgin-voyages-shopping/#Virgin_Voyages_Shopping_Optionsnbsp

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

no ipads/other electronics, but i have noticed that valiant's shops are way more sparse than scarlet's.  the sundries store is half empty (doesn't even have shelves on most of the long wall!) and the logo store is lacking a lot of stuff that scarlet had.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

no ipads/other electronics, but i have noticed that valiant's shops are way more sparse than scarlet's.  the sundries store is half empty (doesn't even have shelves on most of the long wall!) and the logo store is lacking a lot of stuff that scarlet had.

This is good information to have tacocat.  I was on the Valiant Lady this month and to thought the shops were bare and lacking.  I'm on the Scarlet Lady in Feb. so I'm looking forward to more ways to spend my Sailor Loot 🙂 

• Like 1

We were really surprised at the lack of "stuff" in the shops on Valiant, and even talked among friends on board about the number of merchandizing opportunities they were missing out on.  Even in areas as simple as the brand shop...we were on the first transAtlantic cruise with passengers ever, but there was no TA merchandise or anything with a date on it.  I do realize that that limits the sales window...but just something saying Valiant Lady TransAtlantic would have been less limiting as they have at least 2 more of those scheduled.  They were selling Bimini stuff and our cruise didn't stop at Bimini.  They could easily make a bigger deal out of their little plastic octopi (there is a different color for each ship, but if you don't know that, you wouldn't figure it out in the shops!)

There was very little in the sundries shop.  We were really surprised to find that they don't sell the hammocks on board--they give you a card with the company name and address.  You can also get them on Amazon.  But I might have expected them to have the same single person design that exists on the ship along with info on where you can get the various support devices.  I can see a lot of people buying one on board, whether or not they ever complete their purchase with a stand after they get home.  And the stand they show on the ship costs $3500 (that's more than my cruise cost!) while many other stand styles are available starting as low as $100.  I don't think they should sell the stands on board but I can see a huge business for the hammocks as souveniers, gifts, etc.

And to OP....no electronics that I saw beyond a couple chargers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

There was very little in the sundries shop.  We were really surprised to find that they don't sell the hammocks on board

We bought a hammock on Scarlet Lady, but that was back in 2021. Maybe it’s a stock issue?

2 hours ago, cantgetin said:

They could easily make a bigger deal out of their little plastic octopi (there is a different color for each ship, but if you don't know that, you wouldn't figure it out in the shops!)

no more inkies on valiant 😞 they have weird little purple bath toy boats, but no purple inkies!!!

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

We bought a hammock on Scarlet Lady, but that was back in 2021. Maybe it’s a stock issue?

apparently you can order them via ship eats on valiant if you call.  there's some unpublished package of juice and a hammock for i think $180?  haven't gotten that desperate to burn sailor loot at this point, but might do that the last night if needed haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jon81uk said:

We were told at the shop that they only stock the 2 person size hammock on board.  THey showed us a pamphlet with various sizes and colors available and offered us a business card with the name and contact info for the company.  I was already somewhat familiar with the company as they had appeared on the TV show "Shark Tank" in the US where they were not being taken very seriously until they mentioned that they had a contract with VV to place a solo hammock on every balcony cabin on each ship....and suddenly the sharks found this a viable investment.  I just didn't realize how amazing the hammock was until my first sailing.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

We were told at the shop that they only stock the 2 person size hammock on board.  THey showed us a pamphlet with various sizes and colors available and offered us a business card with the name and contact info for the company.  I was already somewhat familiar with the company as they had appeared on the TV show "Shark Tank" in the US where they were not being taken very seriously until they mentioned that they had a contract with VV to place a solo hammock on every balcony cabin on each ship....and suddenly the sharks found this a viable investment.  I just didn't realize how amazing the hammock was until my first sailing.

we bought the regular hammock, same as on the balcony except in black, white and green. I’m guessing if they had the two-person it probably was a stock issue. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 1:27 PM, cantgetin said:

We were really surprised at the lack of "stuff" in the shops on Valiant, and even talked among friends on board about the number of merchandizing opportunities they were missing out on. 

In my post-cruise survey, I gave them a complete list of logo merch I would have bought if they had it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...