Bergen activities

nyc12345

Will I be able to do both the Funicular and the Rodne fjord cruise?

Ship is scheduled to be in Bergen from 8am to 5pm.  Fjord cruise is from 10am to 1:30pm.  If there is a line at Funicular, how long will it take to go up and down?

Furnicular is not a very long trip, a few minutes at the most. And you can stay up top as long as you want. There's a very nice place to enjoy food or drinks. Hope you have a clear day....if it's cloudy, you won't be able to see the town below very well.

we've ridden the Bergen funicular when there were maybe 5 people on it total ... this was late in the day on a cool (cold) day .....

and mid summer there was at least a 1 hour wait to go up, and a similar queue waiting go back down making it a long event . . . 

IMG_1102.JPG

IMG_1105.JPG

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 2

Apparently Bergen is known for rain - and it certainly was rainy for our port visit this past November.

The cloud base was low, and the top of the hill was inside the cloud, so I elected not to attempt the funicular.

We did spend the morning on a ship's tour to Edvard Grieg's house for a concert, and that was quite nice despite the rain.

another bit of info.  the walk back down the mountain is lovely and an easy wide track. so would save double queuing.  I was there in  a September and dont remember queuing for anything and certainly had not prebooked the funicular.  I woke up and saw the clear day and just went for it. 

I agree about the weather often being misty, work contact I was there to see confirmed that.  so  you might want to decide on the day when you see what the cloud base is.