Is Carnival changing their wine policy?

LMKakaThing2

17 hours ago, Marty09 said:

As far as water, I brought my refillable stainless steel bottle and refilled at the beverage station on the Lido deck. 

1 hour ago, PMI1 said:

I think the free water on board is fine,

This triggered a memory of reading somewhere recently (probably JH FB page) that someone "complained/noted/whatever" that the water on board the ship(s) still contains too much salt for someone who is on a strict salt/sodium intake diet.

Poking around just now I found this old thread from 2011 that offered no real definitive conclusion:

Another random site noted that salinity for the distilled water on board needs to be no more than 10 ppm, which I believe is roughly 10mg/L.

A third site said that those on a highly-salt-restricted diet should not have water above 20 mg/L, and those on moderate salt-restricted diet 270mg/L.

@chengkp75 had a good post in this thread that described typical numbers:

So...from that it appears the drinking water on-board should be just fine, from a sodium/salt content PoV.  So why do people think there are still salt/sodium issues?  Or is it all mythology at this point?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

This triggered a memory of reading somewhere recently (probably JH FB page) that someone "complained/noted/whatever" that the water on board the ship(s) still contains too much salt for someone who is on a strict salt/sodium intake diet.

Poking around just now I found this old thread from 2011 that offered no real definitive conclusion:

Another random site noted that salinity for the distilled water on board needs to be no more than 10 ppm, which I believe is roughly 10mg/L.

A third site said that those on a highly-salt-restricted diet should not have water above 20 mg/L, and those on moderate salt-restricted diet 270mg/L.

@chengkp75 had a good post in this thread that described typical numbers:

So...from that it appears the drinking water on-board should be just fine, from a sodium/salt content PoV.  So why do people think there are still salt/sodium issues?  Or is it all mythology at this point?

It's an old wive's tale, a case of someone saying something, then it gets repeated, and eventually people start to believe it as gospel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PMI1 said:

My last cruise, Nov 22, we were allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine per person over the age of 21.  For my upcoming cruise I received the same email.  I have been sailing cCarnival since 1982 so trs, Carnival has decreased how much wine can be hand carried on board.  Several years prior to COVID Carnival banned bring plastic water on board for the sake of the environment.  Interesting that they sold me water bottles.  Anyway, prior to COVID the water bottle packs were cheap.  The first few sailing that I took after COVID the price increased some and a delivery fee was added that didn't exist prior to shutdown.  My upcoming cruise the price of water doubled from Nov 22.  I think the free water on board is fine, I just liked the convenience of having water in my room.  I didn't order any water for next week's cruise, I will just walk down the hall for the spa water instead.

We just drink the free water on board. But, for some excursions, bringing bottled water from the ship was necessary (like our hike through the forest at st. Kitts).

Do they sell water by the bottle? If so, how much? 

3 hours ago, mz-s said:

It's an old wive's tale, a case of someone saying something, then it gets repeated, and eventually people start to believe it as gospel.

Even if it was true, you could bring a Brita-type pitcher or bottle and filter it out.

On 1/19/2023 at 8:29 PM, LMKakaThing2 said:

Received the following email from Carnival for my Legend cruise next month. Is Carnival quietly changing the rules on bringing wine onboard? 

FAQ’s still say you can bring a bottle but water must be in cartons. 🤷🏻‍♀️

3EF7ECC5-5C2C-4E4B-AAB7-14715D5585D6.png

3647C984-18FE-43EB-B61C-D253185395C9.png

Almost scared me, we sail tomorrow and have already bought bottles of wine, but as I read there is no change.