Opinions about Rome Times hotel Rome and recommendations in Trevi/Spagna/Spanish Steps/Pantheon areas

tusconcam

Hi there

I'm hoping for some opinions about "Rome Times hotel "and recommendations in Trevi/Spagna/Spanish Steps/Pantheon areas

My wife and I are going on a cruise April 28th to May 13 and decided to take a few days In Rome to see some key sites for 2 nights.

Based on what we have seen, we'd like to remain in an area that allows easy access to the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, either Barberini metro statio,

Spagna metro station and not too  far from  the Pantheon.  Adding to the wish list is proximity to Vis Del Corsa and Condotti etc.

A lot to ask for? Maybe , but being central is important due to shortage of time there.

Can anyone chime in on recommendations for 2 adults, breakfast included and free cancelation with proximity and charm and an added bonus: an outdoor terrace . Budget is around 350 to 500 pp Canadian taxes all in for  2 nights: May 13th to May 15th this year,

We have looked at and through inaction lost out on and/or thought about:  Hotel Fifty Five, Hotel Delle Nazione, Rome Times ( have a room reserved there, but location not ideal???) Charme Spagna Boutique, Triviho...etc. 

Help Please.

Thanks

We stayed in central Rome and loved how close everything was.  I was stunning to walk around a corner and see the Panthenon or Trevi fountain.  We stayed at this hotel https://www.9-hotel-cesari-rome.it/en/page/rooms-suites.6817.html which as been updated since our stay 8 years ago.  I checked and it should be within your budget. 

Breakfast on the terrace was a fun way to start our day.  We usually had a cocktail in the evening after walking around all day.  We were able to walk to the coliseum and were able to catch a bus (the front desk staff explained which one to catch) to go to the Vatican.  It is in a great location.  

Our only problem was it was down a side street and our first day when we arrived at around 9am (after an overnight flight) we took off walking and didn't have GPS/cell service with international service.  We walked in circles for about an hour trying to find our hotel.  🙂  Fun memory now, but at the time we were tired, hungry and just wanted a nap.  

Enjoy Rome.  We are planning on going back this fall--so much to see and do! 

• 4 weeks later...

There's quite a large and up to date thread pinned at the top of the forum with many, many hotel recommendations in the central area you want. 

That said, Albergo del Senato remains my top choice after trying quite a few hotels in Rome over many visits.

• Thanks 1

Easy link to our wonderful Hotels in Rome topic. There are so many wonderful posts filled with information from our phenomenal community members, it's worth scrolling through the pages 🙂 

Take advantage of the search feature, scroll up to the blue menu bar and type in your search terms. There's a great chance that what you're looking for is in there. If it's not, go ahead and write a post! You'll have a reply subito.

16 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

There's quite a large and up to date thread pinned at the top of the forum with many, many hotel recommendations in the central area you want. 

That said, Albergo del Senato remains my top choice after trying quite a few hotels in Rome over many visits.

Albergo del Senato has a 3 night minimum, we wanted to book 2

2 hours ago, Fishboy1947 said:

We have yet to stay (booked for beginning of May 2023) but we have booked for two nights Navona 49 which is in Piazza Navona.  Never been to Rome but I did a ton of research last summer, comparing hotel locations to the major sites, what was walkable, etc.  Seems to be centrally located and if we don’t feel like walking to Vatican or Colosseum a taxi should be easy to grab.  I emailed the owner, Angela, quite a few times and she was always quick to reply and they had the pay at the hotel, cancel day before options.  They’ve also arranged pick up for us from the airport and we will more than likely use them for transport to the port. 

3 hours ago, Fishboy1947 said:

Must be a requirement during high season. I stayed there in late October for just 1 night....

Albergo Santa Chiara is another good option in the same vicinity.

• Like 1