Anyone on Magic's ShipRocked cruise tomorrow?

EngIceDave

10 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I had a friend in a band play on this. Looked like a lot of fun. Stage was huge. Sound was off in the comedy club. 

Don’t know if you remember when I was so confused about cookie being scheduled to be on Magic for just one week. This was the week. Now it makes sense that they would need two CD’s for a week.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Tons of videos on YouTube now. Here are a few 

Parkway Drive on Lido.

Nonpoint in the theater 

Cookie hosting “Band Feud” Wage War vs. Nothing More

I guess they had concerts in the comedy club as well. 

wargasm in the limelight 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Tons of videos on YouTube now. Here are a few 

Parkway Drive on Lido.

it looks like they built a temporary stage above the pool area. I wonder how this is logistical possible with the short time around with setting up, tear down and hauling everything on/off the ship before and after this special cruise

54 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Don’t know if you remember when I was so confused about cookie being scheduled to be on Magic for just one week. This was the week. Now it makes sense that they would need two CD’s for a week.

Definitely makes sense now. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, shof515 said:

it looks like they built a temporary stage above the pool area. I wonder how this is logistical possible with the short time around with setting up, tear down and hauling everything on/off the ship before and after this special cruise

Yeah that’s a good question. I was wondering if they start tearing that down at night or wait until the morning. Imagine the noise if they work on that all night. 

13 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah that’s a good question. I was wondering if they start tearing that down at night or wait until the morning. Imagine the noise if they work on that all night. 

I was trying to figure out how they still had a bellyflop competition when the stage covered the main pool. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 5:27 PM, Saint Greg said:

They do have quite a big stage setup on lido. I doubt that's stored on the ship.

ADB91407-F126-42E8-8890-69B75C766E50.jpeg

Well, dang.  Looks like they COULD stage "my" music cruise on a Carnival ship instead of a Freedom-class from Royal.   I kept thinking "these tiny pickled egg sandwiches are okayyy, but I want my Guy's Burger!"  😄  

On 1/28/2023 at 5:05 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

Yeah, these music charters are very expensive, but you can get premium seats and possible extra access ("Oh look!  That's Greasyhaired Rockstar grabbing some lasagna at the trough!  Let me go get his autograph!!)  When you account for that, the value evens out a bit.  

The price for the 70,000 Tons cruise works out to about 3x the price of a regular cruise...but when you take into account the staging, the production, the cost of paying the bands and/or providing them staterooms, etc., it's not unreasonable.   Star Trek: the Cruise actually costs more...and you get significantly less free access to the actors and guests.  

On mine just-completed, we ended up dining in the MDR next to three bands at once.  😄  

On 1/28/2023 at 11:22 PM, shof515 said:

On 1/28/2023 at 11:30 PM, Saint Greg said:

Typically they drain the pools the night before and as soon as the ship docks -- preferably early -- they begin hauling stuff onboard with a truly ginormous crane, up and over and onto the pool deck.  (They are not allowed to use Deck 0, I-95  or the marshalling area during turnaround day.)   That process takes pretty much the entire day up until sailing.   On the 70K Tons cruise, the pool-deck stage ("The largest open-air structure at sea") isn't finished until after midnight and the first performance now starts at 10 am the following day, although they've had rosier hopes in the past.     Not.  Anymore.  😄  

The last shows on the pool deck (on 70K, anyway) finish at around 1 am on debark morning and the offloading process again takes the entire day. 

As I said, we pay a high price for such an event...but it's not unreasonable considering what we get.   

I still wanted my Guy's Burger or a burrito from Blue Iguana, though.    🙂  

0201230127.jpg

0201230128_HDR.jpg

0201232207_HDR.jpg

0202230038_HDR.jpg

Edited by Pellaz
  • Like 1