Alaskan cruise helicopter excursion differences?

FiremedicMike151

Hello, we're sailing to Alaska onboard the Solstice for the first time this year.  I'm planning on splurging for one of the helicopter/glacier tour excursions and noticed there are three choices, two in Juneau and one in Skagway, ranging from $450/pp to $600/pp.

Has anyone compared the 3?  The 600 pp is listed as 4 hours where the other ones are 2, beyond that is it better scenery, a better experience, etc?

Thanks!

I've only ever done the Juneau one to the Mendenhall--tried to do the dog sled one but was cancelled due to bad weather.  Stunning scenery, and landing on the glacier is pretty cool. Definitely a bucket list excursion, but I cannot compare the other two.

I can’t compare the tours, but I too highly recommend taking the one from Juneau, and one that includes landing and a walkabout on the glacier. It was an excursion of a lifetime for us, and an experience I will never forget. The scenery, the ride and the glacier were spectacular !

BBL

4 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

All...list a landing and glacier walk

Excellent!  Those in Juneau are also "longer" because of the transit time from the pier to the airport.  The helipads in Skagway are much closer.

After posting earlier today I realized I had just mentioned Temsco.  But Coastal Helicopters our of Juneau also does tour, including a 3.5 hour tour which includes a sled dog experience (if my memory is correct).  

These helicopter tours can be booked directly with the vendors.  The websites for both companies have good descriptions of their respective tours.