Royal Princess in Alaska

SSAtlantic

Regrettably, the Royal and her sister ships weren't built with some of the A+ outdoor and indoor viewing areas that the Grand class and derivatives had.  However, the Royal is probably the best of her class in that she has lots of outdoor space on the top deck.  Hopefully its not cold.  

Best areas will likely be on the upper decks like the sport track area or aft of the World Fresh Marketplace.  Although the promenade deck has large pockets of areas for viewing, that doesn't help much when everyone is trying to get space against the railing which is less than on other ships.  On deck 7, your best bet may be the aft exterior decks.

And of course the not-so-secret secret about glacier bay is that the view leaving is just as good entering when most folks have gone back inside.  Also, breakfast in the dining room is a great place to watch if you can get a window seat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

Our last trip to GB was on the Grand and we had great loungers by the Terrace Pool. 

I'm surprised that you were able to get any good viewing done if you were in a lounge chair!  My experience was that anyone trying to view in such a manner would have their view totally blocked by the "rail-standers".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm surprised that you were able to get any good viewing done if you were in a lounge chair!  My experience was that anyone trying to view in such a manner would have their view totally blocked by the "rail-standers".

We pulled our loungers all the way up to the rail so there was no room for any one to stand in front of us. We were out there bright and early to get our spot. 

• Thanks 1