Constellation transatlantic April 28th

wingsrcl

Good Day Wingsrcl,

I am sure more Friends will be onboard as some do not use this website. I am happy to know that at least you and your partner will be there. Drop me a line on the other site if you wish.

WINGSRCL: Just saw this thread; had not seen it before. I just booked this morning.

Sneakerstud: Switch over to our cruise. Have you found anyone on your cruise?

Francois11: Sailing solo on this cruise also. Partner can't make it this time.

-----

I know that there are more of us coming. Saw a thread a couple of months ago for this cruise back when I was not even contemplating booking this cruise. Someone named Blazerboy from San Francisco is also on this cruise with his partner. Have not been able to find that thread now.

Looks like there's going to be a few of us. I hope they have FOD meetings onboard so that we can all meet.

I'm on the second seating for dinner. How about the rest of you?

You can see his many posts on the Celebrity Connections board under Constellation and Transatlantic... Last I looked there were 47 pages of threads. He's been busy organizing the "troops" and giving excellent advice on travel and shoes. (ha). You can sign up for the cruise critic party and meet some nice folks from all over the country, Including Andrew and Ed.

Hi John: Glad to see that you and your partner are going to make it. I'm really looking forward to this cruise and meeting all of you nice people on board.

Do you have any advice on how to get a good price on a one way air fare from London back to the U.S.?

Sneakerstud: I guess you will have to stay on the Jewel. You'll have a grand time on all that square footage indeed.

Regards,

Hmmm...have you tried Priceline or Hotwire? As long as you are flexible with your times, you should be able to get a lower rate. Are you flying back the same day? I'm not even sure what we are doing for flights either. We are even discussing disembarking in Le Havre and flying back from Paris.

John,

We are happy to hear you will be sailing with us on Constellation. We are in 9084 just down the hall from you. 9038 has a great angled balcony. You might want to check with Celebrity if they are allowing the disembarkation in Le Havre... before you plan on doing that. I worked on the ships as a purser for many years and sometimes disembarkation in places other than the final ports is limited to emergencies, as they would have to fill out a TON of paperwork to get just the two of you off the ship. Are you guys with ATA ?

Rienrieter: I looked up and down the airline fare boards and haven't been able to find you anything cheaper ...

BA at 1:40 p.m. on the 6th with a return after Nov 1st for $735.

AerLingus for $410 via Dublin to JFK and connecting on Jetblue for $84. That's $494 total, still $235 dollars cheaper then your BA flight, which could easily afford you a room in London at many hotels such as the

Thistle Bloomsburry Park for $135. or the Hilton Kensington for $143.

(on travelocity) and that leaves you $100. for a nice dinner and the transportation from Dover to London to Heathrow. Now that's a deal.

Since you don't care for Iberia I won't mention the $653 rate via Madrid! haha. I haven't had the best of experiences with them either, however they have improved tremendously.

As John said you could try hotwire and priceline however you can't find out the departure time and you really shouldn't leave on anything before 1 p.m.

I know you will make what is the best decision for you!

John & Wingsrcl:

So many thanks for your great and candid advise. I really don't care to stay an extra day as I will be going back in less than two weeks for the Scandinavia and Russia cruise on the Constellation departing May 20th. Looks like I will just go ahead and fork over the $735 for flying BA back to Miami on May 6th. For me, it will be easier to get off in Dover.

Quite a nice group we have going here. I'm sure, as someone else said earlier, that once we board there will be a lot more as most do not post here.

I'm on deck 3 (oceanview) as I looked for an economical cabin. Not worth spending that much money on a balcony when you are alone.

Ruy:

Yes, we were wondering if it was possible to disembark in Le Havre so we asked before we booked and they said that wasn't a problem. We just have to fill out some advance paperwork and it will be taken care of. We can't decide if we are going to spend the night in Paris or just fly home that day. My best friend is having her bachelorette party in Charleston that weekend so I'm trying to fly back to enjoy some of it with her. I felt guilty about going on this cruise knowing that her party was that weekend so I called and asked her "permission" before confirming the reservation.

I used to work for ATA but was furloughed just before they filed for bankruptcy in '04. We are both "newbies" as I have been flying for only two years and Rob decided to stary flying only 6 months ago. We work for the same airline and often work trips together so it works out well, however, we are currently looking to go to another carrier.

John and Rob,

We have a few friends who used to work for ATA... Dennis and I have both had previous careers with the airlines and the travel industry, I have worked on ships and we have both been tour guides for many years doing safaris, trips to Antarctica, Asia, etc... We have now settled as flight attendants on private jets. We are enjoying that very much.

Archived