Constellation transatlantic April 28th

wingsrcl

P.S.

Regarding open seating on April 28, I may be wrong, but I suspect it will be normal first/second seating.

Sailings that depart late at night, such as those from San Juan typically have open seating the first night. This is because people are boarding the ship all the way up until 11:00pm. Generally speaking, cruises that sail at the more traditional hour of 5:00pm have normal dinner seatings.

Hopefully we'll hear something definitive soon.

Darlings, this is it.

Off on the Connie tomorrow to the islands for first leg of "honeymoon"! Will check it out and everyone on board so they will know, WE are heading their way in three weeks. I should know who is important and who THINKS he is by the end of this trip.

Ruy, will look for just the perfect table for us. No one will escape our gaze or be left un-talked about as they walk by us.

Will be checking in from time to time here to see what's what. Bye now.

Bryan and Roger (who disavows me and this posting)

have fun y'all. ;)

Bryan and Roger: Bon voyage and have a great honeymoon! I know that you'll pick just the right table.

Brian and Gary (BEAV): Wow! I can't believe it. Three weeks away from the cruise and more family keeps showing up. Welcome. As you can see, there are quite a few of us here. And that's not counting the ones that don't post here. Who knows; maybe one night we'll take over the Martini Bar. On the 2003 westbound transatlantic of the Brilliance of the Seas, there was one night where a banner was hung over the Champagne Bar was stating GAY BAR IS OPEN. Perhaps we'll do the same. You may be right regarding the seating on the first evening of the cruise. I now remember that on all of the threads that I read that comment it was on threads for cruises leaving San Juan at 11:00 PM. And yes, we will be the creme of the crop. By the way, that was John that made the comment about being at the Martini Bar at any time of the day or night. However, you can count me in also. And Ruy does seem to have a good sense of humor coming up with those names as waitlisted for his table.

John: How convenient for those business minds to have "strategically" placed the Martini Bar on the way to the restaurant. I don't know much about drink prices since I mostly drink the same (Cosmos) but I nave noticed that they are $9 on Royal Caribbean vs. $5 on Princess. Have read a few comments about Sudi. Perry Grant is the name that I had read on the boards. I don't know where I got Patrick from. Sounds like he is interesting.........you think he's family?

Three weeks to go! I am so excited already that I'm having trouble falling asleep.

Juan

By the way, that was John that made the comment about being at the Martini Bar at any time of the day or night. However, you can count me in also.

See, I told you I wasn't the coldest beer in town! ;)

Come to think of it, I do believe that the open seating on the first night is only because the ship sails so late out of San Juan. Since we are leaving at 5, we will probably have our assigned table the first night. Speaking of tables, it looks like we might have to start another one soon. Since this is Celebrity, there's no doubt in my mind that there will be additional people on this sailing that are not Cruise Critic members.

Juan:

The Rhapsody cruise out of Galveston that Rob and I went on in October had a large Pied Piper group (we were not part of the group, just a coincidence) and there were rainbow flags all over the ship. In addition, there were guys going around the ship handing them out to anyone who wanted one on the first night. There were several Texan grandmas in motorized scooters driving all around the ship with flags attached. Whether or not they made the connection, I really don't know, but it was hilarious nonetheless.

As far as Perry being gay, let's just say that he made reference to being an "Old Queen" during one of his performances. The audience loved it and they packed Michael's Club every night to see him. Sounds like he will be a must-see on this trip as well.

Ha ha ha...all those stars waiting to have dinner with you guys??? How can that be possible??? They are already booked in our Courtyard Villa Complex...and there was no wait list for them...:D !

I wish you all a great cruise! We are a huge group now on the NCL Jewel as well and mail and call each other hecticly!!! The funny thing...all successfull HOT STUDS!!! We occupy mostly big Suites so have all the place to party and drink and hve fun!!!

A great crossing and we are 2 days behind you guys...just in case ya'll need something...:D

The clock is ticking! Get your frocks ready. Welcome to the last few folks who just joined this secluded post. People, I can't wait any longer. Soon I will be making Dennis clean my bedroom, make my bed, cook and entertain me. (oops, he already does that). Has anyone seen Hyacinth Bucket missing the QE2 after a terrible detour to Southampton. By the way if any of you love Patricia Rutledge as much as I do, she is opening in London on May 8th at the Richmond Theatre, in "Best of Friends" No that will not be me in Bayonne. I'm not too worried about the first night being open sitting. Like John said what a great opportunity for 100's of good looking men to enter the dining room all at the same time.

Looking forward to meeting the creme de la creme. Ruy and Dennis

John: I believe that trans-atlantics are quite popular with family. And from what I have been reading here on the boards, it seems that Celebrity has a loyal (or should I say royal) family following. I have no doubt that if they put us all together, we would fill a few tables. I am sure that those grandmas had no clue what they were doing.

Hi Ruy. Three weeks to go and I can't wait.

Regards,

Juan

Waitlisted for our table right now are Simon and Paula Abdul, Prince Albert of Monaco, Ivana Trump, Joan Rivers, Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhall, Hyacinth Bucket, Maggie Thatcher, Imelda Marcos, Pam Ann, Winnie Mandela, The Golden Girls, Diana Ross, Little Richard, Barry Manilow, Posh Spice, Sharon Stone, Dame Edna, Hilary, Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally, Miss Brahms, Mrs Slocombe and Mr Humphreis, Anderson Cooper, Jean Paul Gaulthier, George Takay and Spongebob, Tom Selleck. We will be conducting eliminations on the first night. Call it "Survivor - Constellation, the man overboard edition"

Elton John regrets but he said he can't fit the grand piano in a concierge class cabin. Since the penthouse suite is booked, he is out.

Late Dining here we come.

Ruy

My dear Ruy,

While I sincerely appreciate the desire of a lower socialite such as yourself desiring my attendance at your dining table, I must remind you a woman of my social status, residing in a quality postal code is never, ever "waitlisted" for anything.

Rest assured, as is proper, Mister Bucket (pronounced Bouquet) and I will be dining every evening at the captain's table.

I do, however, wish you and each of your little friends a pleasureable dining experience aboard ship. If Tarquin were making this voyage with us, I do suppose he would want to dine at your table.

Hyacinth-Bouquet.jpg

I'm surprised you actually believe in the power of "e-mail". I was not expecting someone of your social caliber woud accept anything unless it is in expensive stationary and the envelope contains a Royal Stamp.

The Captain's table is actually our table, so I'm afraid your postman and the Royal mail once again screwed up the delivery of the "decline" note written by the captain.

I'm sure you can join Emmet and Elizabeth in table 189 by the galley doors. Why don't you try joining the fellow who is cruising on NCL in the so called Royal Penthouse Villas with engraved periwinkles.

Words of wisdom for today, Dear: "Nothing like a stretch limousine with a flat tire".

See you onboard!

Well, well, well....so many gay boyz on this crossing!

We aren't actually 'looking' like bears.....we're rather slim types and workout types........we just consider ourselves "little bears" - ala "Goldilocks and the three bears." (We'll explain at drinks and dinners. Hehehe...)

I personally like martinis - so we'll need to make friends with a small party of martini-type guys, or two....

On the personal front: we live near the again-booming city of Philadelphia, and go there for work, cultural things, etc. Looking forward to meetin' all you FoD!

MikeyBear

Hello Beav, Jbears, Mike and Wim,

Why don't you guys try contacting each other and linking reservations on the celebrity website for dinner... that way you know if you don't like your table mates you can just turn to the left and slap them.

John and Rob, Bryan and Roger, Dennis and I, Francois, and Juan, linked ours and we have a jolly-fairy-table, whatever that means!

See you onboard... 17 days to go!

Hi John: How did you find out about the reduced rates that you have indicated? I have gone into three websites including Celebrity and they do not show reduced rates for Verandah and CC cabins as you stated. If it is correct, this would be an excellent opportunity to upgrade.

Hi Ruy: Can you believe it? 17 days to go!!!

Regards, Juan

I haven't been able to locate balcony rates for $600, however for today (Tuesday) Celebrity is running another one day "Happy Hour" sale.

Concierge Class is $799 and Category 2A/2B $699. Because it's only a one-day sale, Celebrity and most all Internet Travel Agencies don't program the rates onto their public websites. The only website I've seen Happy Hour rates appear is on Expedia, and if you check it out today, you'll see they list the rate as a "one day only" sale.

Generally, Happy Hour rates only apply to new bookings, meaning it's tough to get them to adjust an existing reservation. But it's worth a shot to have your Travel Agent give it a try. You've got nothing to lose!

John, are you seeing rates lower than the Happy Hour prices? If so, we might be able to get price adjustments if the $600 rates aren't designated as being for new bookings only.

Beav and John: I spoke to John last night and we talked about the $600. price. I had seen it before on the Celebrity website also, it comes and goes every so often for a few minutes...

I hope you are having a good day! Ruy

Thanks for the follow up, Ruy. I guess it's a matter of being at the right place at the right time!

In case any singles are lurking about trying to decide whether or not to take this cruise, those happy hour rates I posted are great for singles in that Celebrity isn't charging the standard 200% single occupancy. It's only about 135%.

COLD and windy here in the SF Bay Areay today ..... :eek:

Juan,

We've had very good luck in the past upgrading at embarkation. Once from balcony to Sky Suite, and another time from balcony to Celebrity Suite.

With all the balcony cabins that seem to be available on our sailing, I'd say you have a good chance! :)

Do you have an idea as to what is typically charged to upgrade? I know that it is based on category, right?

Regards, Juan

Yes, unless they've changed their formula recently.

From our experience it goes like this:

Inside (any category) to Outside (any category) for $xxx

Inside (any category) to Balcony (any category) for $xxx

Outside (any category) to Balcony (any category) for $xxx

..and so on and so forth.

We paid $400 (total for two) to move from a balcony to a Sky Suite on a 7 night sailing. This was about half the price we would have paid had we upgraded before sailing.

The next time $700 (total for two) to move from Concierge Class to Celebrity Suite on a 14 night sailing. On this sailing, the Celebrity Suite was selling for about $1800 per person more than Concierge Class, so we were thrilled to get it for just $350 more per person.

Archived