Constellation transatlantic April 28th

wingsrcl

Yes, we still have to pay for the entire cruise. It's only one night so it really doesn't make a difference for us and the rate we got was so ridiculously low we still come out ahead in the end. We are saving almost $100 by flying out of Paris instead of London so there's the difference right there.

Hi Ruy:

I'll go and check on the roll call. There sure is a lot of posting so I guess it will take me a while to go through all of them. Looks like we will have a fair representation from around the country perhaps.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Regards,

HI guys, we just booked this cruise since our suite was burned out on STAR. We're Bryan and Roger. Just got hitched :D last week here in the UK. I'm a yank and Roger is a brit. We live here in the UK and have a home in NYC also.

Soooooo, here we come. :)

Bryan and Roger

Ruy: Checked the board that you indicated and saw the posters that you mentioned. Now we know that there will be more than those of us that have posted on this board. Looks like the Martini bar will be one lively venue every evening. Ironically, I had forgotten that I had already gone through all of the posts on that board. It took me a few hours to do so. I had also forgotten to go back to it to see what was new. I'm sure you have noticed that I have posted there as well. I hope that we all have the opportunity to meet and enjoy a few drinks perhaps at the FOD meeting.

Bryan and Roger: Many congratulations on your getting married. Sorry about what happened to your original plans on the Star. As you will see, there are quite a few of us on board for this crossing. Is this going to be your honeymoon?

To Anyone Who Knows: Do you guys have any idea how to use the icons at the end of a sentence like Bryan and Roger have done above? I can't seem to be able to do it.

Thanks & Regards To All

Congratulations on your marriage and honeymoon, Let's make sure the "do not disturb" sign is hanging outside your door for nine days. HA! I sent you an email on AOL. Sorry to hear you were booked on the Star, I'm sure you will enjoy Celebrity.

Ruy

Juan,

Congratulations on your upcoming 20th anniversary. We are having our 19th this year... time flies. Can't you get your partner to come along? I'm sure we can get him a last minute ticket on IBERIA! HAHA.

Ruy

Ruy:

Unfortunately, my partner is not able to make it on this cruise. However, I will be back on the Connie on May 20th for the Baltic cruise (exactly 2 weeks after disembarking from the crossing). This time, he will be with me as well as a good friend of ours. They are now jealous of me because I will be trying out Celebrity before they do.

Regards,

Juan

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the good wishes. It's nice to be hooked up. He would not propose sooooooooo I brought it up in Jan. And now we've done it. YEA.

And congrats to those of you with the long term anniversaries. Wow. A lot of long ones. Nice. I look forward to ours. Been together only 12 years. So we have a long way to go.

See you all on board.

Bryan and Roger:)

We are wondering if you would like to join us at the dinining table, which so far includes all the individuals who have posted on this particular board. That would make a perfect 8. If so we need to link your reservation to ours and we can do that via private email... Ruy

Ruy:

Most definitely. I will gladly join all of you at your dining table. Very kind of you to offer this opportunity.

I can be contacted via email at nospamrienreiter@nospamhotmail.com. Just remove the nospam both before and after the domain name and you have my email address.

Many thanks and I am really looking forward to meeting all of you.

Juan

We will have a fabulous table. Let's make sure the Dining Room's Spotlights are turned on bright and conveniently placed directly above our table.

Bryan and Roger: Sorry but we can't use placemats and eat around the grand piano while Bryan sings.

Rob and John: We don't have to count the liquor money and place it in an envelope after ordering wine and dinner.

Francois: We promise to tip the waiter to sing "La Vie en Rose" on the formal night, as you come down the grand staircase.

Waitlisted for our table right now are Simon and Paula Abdul, Prince Albert of Monaco, Ivana Trump, Joan Rivers, Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhall, Hyacinth Bucket, Maggie Thatcher, Imelda Marcos, Pam Ann, Winnie Mandela, The Golden Girls, Diana Ross, Little Richard, Barry Manilow, Posh Spice, Sharon Stone, Dame Edna, Hilary, Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally, Miss Brahms, Mrs Slocombe and Mr Humphreis, Anderson Cooper, Jean Paul Gaulthier, George Takay and Spongebob, Tom Selleck. We will be conducting eliminations on the first night. Call it "Survivor - Constellation, the man overboard edition"

Elton John regrets but he said he can't fit the grand piano in a concierge class cabin. Since the penthouse suite is booked, he is out.

Late Dining here we come.

Ruy

Ok kiddies, we are packing as we speak. Off tomorrow (wed) from lhr to New York for our trip on friday on Connie.

Will be looking for the ONLY table which is what we will deserve! Will be checking emails anyway.

Bryan and Roger

will let you know how the Connie is doing. ;)

Hey Guys: Heads up! Have been reading on the Celebrity boards how the first night on the Constellation is open seating and not the assigned seating as usual. Do any of you guys know about this? We may have to make plans on meeting someplace before going to dinner or each of us go our own way for the first night.

Bryan and Roger: Can you look into this while you are on board and inquire if this will be the procedure for the first night of the crossing also? Thanks.

Juan

Juan:

Yes, when we were on the Connie in February the first night was open seating. All we would have to do is show up together and we will be seated at the same table. Let's think of a meeting point where we can convene so we can all eat together on the first night. I think that everyone else from the other board is meeting up before sailaway that evening. Maybe we can all meet up before that, head to the little sailaway get together followed by dinner? How does the Cova Cafe Milano sound? I would prefer the Martini Bar but if it's open, it will probably be very crowded :eek:

Wim-

Welcome! I'm sure that we will have many, many "get togethers" on this voyage. Celebrity usually has at least two FOD meetings that are published in the daily Compass which brings out even more guys/gals than the ones on these boards.

John: I think your suggestion is a great idea. Any place is great with me (I am easy to please;)). Given the fact that you have sailed on the Constellation before (and just recently), I think that perhaps you have a better idea as to what would be the best place to meet. Sounds like the Martini Bar is a hopping place.

So, what is it with this guy at Michael's Club that everyone raves about so much? I think his last name is Patrick?

Wim: Welcome to the cruise. I expect, from what others are saying, that there will be an FOD meeting (or meetings) on board. If you guys are there, I am sure that we will all meet.

Juan:

Yes, that Martini Bar does a lot of business. It's "conveniently" located outside of the restaurant so a lot of people stop by for martinis before and after dinner. The drinks are great (although kinda pricey, think New York bar prices) and Sudi is quite entertaining. I'm hoping that the Martini Bar will have extended hours during this voyage so everyone doesn't feel compelled to go only in the evening. I for one have no shame in admitting that I will be enjoying cocktails at any time of the day or night that I please ;)

Michael's Club is also a great spot. The decor is quite cozy and reminiscent of a study. There is nice little bar and plenty of couches and chairs to relax in. Perry Grant, the entertainer that performs there, is quite campy. He has bleached blonde hair and wears sequined jackets, a la Liberace. He's always good for a few laughs every evening.

I'm not the coldest beer in town, and it's taken me two weeks to find this thread after spending all my time over on the "regular" roll call board! A great group of people over there, but the creme of the crop here, right? ;)

At any rate, we are Brian (BEAV) and Gary. What a thrill to see so many family aboard. But then again, we've found that to be fairly typical whenever we sail Celebrity.

Have had fun reading through all your posts, now it will be equally fun to get acquainted. Count us in for any FOD and/or cocktail "meetings".

Ruy, got a BIG kick out of the list of stars waitlisted for your dining table. Too funny!

And, Juan, I love you already just for your "cocktail at any hour" comment in the post above!

Archived