Balcony Dinner

Desertliving

Please forgive for not knowing the correct name, but we signed up for the Balcony Dinner for Two and I'm wondering how it works as far as choosing meal, contact to set up time, etc.  I booked and paid but haven't seen anything in my reservations that acknowledge this.  Thanks for any info.

30 minutes ago, Desertliving said:

Please forgive for not knowing the correct name, but we signed up for the Balcony Dinner for Two and I'm wondering how it works as far as choosing meal, contact to set up time, etc.  I booked and paid but haven't seen anything in my reservations that acknowledge this.  Thanks for any info.

UBD or Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

When you get on, you will get a card in your stateroom that you have the UBD and to call RS to set up your date and time.  Yes, you do have choices and they will go over the menu with you when you call to reserve.

You won’t get anything ahead of the cruise, just check your travel summary that shows you paid for it and print that out for traveling.

It was great!  So nice.  We had 3 servers and a backdrop of Moorea, French Polynesia.  Amazing.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 3

UBD was NOT available on our Thanksgiving cruise on the CB - which was full and way understaffed.

some have reported here, that they signed up, paid, but once onboard, they were told it was not available and refunded their money.

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

UBD was NOT available on our Thanksgiving cruise on the CB - which was full and way understaffed.

some have reported here, that they signed up, paid, but once onboard, they were told it was not available and refunded their money.

Staff shortage probably.  We were on a long cruise and 70% full.

I hope they get their staff back up to par on these future cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertliving said:

I'm wondering how it works as far as choosing meal

There are three main course protein choices - Filet Mignon, Lobster, or both.

Other courses are fixed, but they will ask if any dietary concerns and must adjust for that.  We don't have any, so we got the standard and it is very nice.

They offer you a cocktail of choice.  Knowing we also were getting a 1/2 btl of bubbly included and starting with that, I had the cocktail changed to a post-dinner Bailey's.

Oh, they will ask about wine, but that is extra.  I have my own always so no issue.  I would think if you are on the Plus/Premier fare packages, you just order glass(es) of whatever you like.

Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the meal.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

UBD or Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

When you get on, you will get a card in your stateroom that you have the UBD and to call RS to set up your date and time.  Yes, you do have choices and they will go over the menu with you when you call to reserve.

You won’t get anything ahead of the cruise, just check your travel summary that shows you paid for it and print that out for traveling.

It was great!  So nice.  We had 3 servers and a backdrop of Moorea, French Polynesia.  Amazing.

Thank You so much.  Found it on my travel summary and will take copy with me.

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There are three main course protein choices - Filet Mignon, Lobster, or both.

Other courses are fixed, but they will ask if any dietary concerns and must adjust for that.  We don't have any, so we got the standard and it is very nice.

They offer you a cocktail of choice.  Knowing we also were getting a 1/2 btl of bubbly included and starting with that, I had the cocktail changed to a post-dinner Bailey's.

Oh, they will ask about wine, but that is extra.  I have my own always so no issue.  I would think if you are on the Plus/Premier fare packages, you just order glass(es) of whatever you like.

Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the meal.

Thanks.  Very helpful!  Really looking for to this!