Semi-live Wonder - Jan 22 - snippets - our 2 cents

On 1/25/2023 at 12:07 PM, Thisguylikestocruise said:

There’s a member here saying there’s a huge soot problem onboard Wonder, and many clothes are getting ruined near the Aqua Theater due to the oil droplets. Have you witnessed that at all?

I did see what appeared to be a little soot on the blue outdoor chairs in the SportZone today. Deck 16. But I think it was old. I too had read that someone damaged clothing on a previous cruise, so I really tried to wipe it off. Did not come off the chair at all. So hopefully that problem has been fixed. 

A view across Falmouth port shopping area , to Princess Regal. I did score some rum and hot sauce today. Of note, staff did not confíscate the alcohol. Was able to carry directly to the room. 1DC9B3B9-260B-42A6-B129-F3C4CBE54C6D.thumb.jpeg.b34261598d364de25c2fde4308c79ddc.jpeg

13 hours ago, maggieq said:

Are there only bench seats available at the aqua theatre on the wonder?

I believe so. At Royal theater they will add chairs in back row, making it easier for mobility impaired. I did not notice If they  did the same in Aqua Theater. 
The show at Aqua Theater was cancelled last night, d/t rolling seas. Hopefully rescheduled for day 7. 

16 hours ago, maggieq said:

Are there only bench seats available at the aqua theatre on the wonder?

Yes, they removed the canvas deck chairs that are on all the other Oasis class ships.  Be prepared to sit for an hour on a hard bench to watch the show.

3 hours ago, FlatFooted Freda said:

I believe so. At Royal theater they will add chairs in back row, making it easier for mobility impaired. I did not notice If they  did the same in Aqua Theater. 
The show at Aqua Theater was cancelled last night, d/t rolling seas. Hopefully rescheduled for day 7. 

Hopefully you will get to see the Aqua show. It is always one of my favorite shows on an Oasis class ship. Also, the Aqua team on Wonder is 100 percent female, which I thought was pretty cool , when I was on her a few weeks ago. 

Day 6. Labadee. Italian night. 

This is our first visit to Labadee. I’m going add a few details. I did a quick search on CC last night, and didn’t find answers to my questions. Of course, once sitting in a chair beachfront, I found it. But - will add a few notes for those as impatient as I. 
Traveling with Mama, mobility somewhat impaired. Unlike Coco Cay, there is no shuttle from ship to shore. There was however Labadee employees waiting on gangway with a wheelchair - “for anyone”. We had a reservation for a beach lounger for 2. He wheeled her to that area. Otherwise , it would have been a hike. Fortunately Mama brought some cash, and was able to tip him. It appeared to me he was a local ( Royal employee), but not a ship employee. Most helpful. 
Mama wanted to shop, so we did take a fair stroll down to the market. Very local flavor. 
Food was as reported earlier. Good, not great. I thought comparable to Coco Cay. Except no ice evident. I did carry my own water from the ship. Many signs stating not to take food from ship to shore, & v.v., but no one was checking. 
Concierge was able to snag a wheelchair to transport back to ship. 
Next  time ( & I do hope to return), will bring more cash for Tipping - not just for wheelchair attendants. 
Im glad I rented the Beach Lounger. We’re on the pale spectrum - love the sun but it doesn’t love us. If had been one of the first pax out, could have found chairs with umbrellas. But no guarantee. No problems finding chairs without shade. Also no problem finding shade without chairs. But getting both without a reservation would have required being one of the first off the ship, or being able to make it to the end beach quickly. 
Overall, enjoyed Labadee / Dragon Beach and hope to return!
5CA69D6E-65C6-4F6F-A81A-75CC3A855C88.thumb.jpeg.b691338abc4a81b7b2d3fd2e4a870b13.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FlatFooted Freda said:

Day 7. Last day 🥲. At sea today. Another beautiful day. 

Walked jogging path this morning. Breezy in spots. 
There are chairs aft along the jogging path. Deck 5. A great spot to watch the sun rise E66C54FA-B117-458A-8957-74E7009ABFC5.thumb.jpeg.6d7ff9b4b349e8a169b8d1a382f189ee.jpeg

well this is nice to see as they did not have any back in April of 2022.

All the other Oasis has some chairs back there, but Wonder did not.

Funny on Oasis, they were wooden and tied down to the railings along the Aquatheater.

2 hours ago, mabunc said:

I just want to add that Starlink is available on Wonder. I'm also on this sailing (thanks for the great reporting Freda), but the Voom internet access uses starlink. It works great- very much improved!

That is awesome!  We are on in a few weeks and I was hoping that was the case.  Thank you!

11 hours ago, Bronx12 said:

Did you happen to notice the price of internet on the first day? Thanks 🙂

Sorry , i did  not. I purchased our internet package on Black Friday. 
Last day here. As I was checking on our final account bill, I could not find $150 of On Board credit. Went down to guest services. They found it had been applied to that internet purchase back in November. 

• Thanks 1

Some closing thoughts. Parting is always such sweet sorrow. 
Mama had wheelchair assist for departure. One thing we did not think of - as she had a separate room from DH & I, she had a different baggage claim tag number. Higher number = later departure time and baggage claim. Concern was with meeting our shuttle. Fortunately there wasn’t a huge difference   Cruise Control is our shuttle -as usual. They all waited patiently for us. Thank you all. 
But - note to self - next year we’ll try to have guest services make those claim numbers match   
Overall, we loved the Wonder. Big new beautiful ship. We are all of the age that we are not very “adventurous “. DH & I did do the zip line , but that’s it. We have realized that we are paying for all those fun adventures on Oasis class. Will keep that in mind for future cruises. 
May try Celebrity or Princess next. 
The Windjammer was not the best buffet we’ve encountered, but certainly not the worst either. They need more vegetable variety. And perhaps just more variety in general. Exact same breakfast every morning. 
Not quite enuf communal space for bad weather days. 
The rooms were great, the beds comfy, and all the staff was top notch. 
Overall - the Wonder was wonderful. Would cruise her again- when the prices come down. D70E971D-1AE8-4C34-B418-1F8D57E4DFBC.thumb.jpeg.554647d84eee134902968096597c025f.jpeg

• Like 4