Hotel near beach? Hyatt Centric Las Olas

Lynzchat

Hi everyone! I haven’t seen a recent question about the Hyatt Centric Las Olas… so I’m asking anyone who recently stayed….. is there a nearby beach or pool? Did you find nearby casual bars or eats?  we are doing a one nighter Feb 10

Thanks! 

“Nearby” as in less than 500 feet? No. About 1.5 miles? Yes Walkable? If you like walking that distance, its a pretty nice walk in a safe area.

And there are a very large number of restaurants and bars in the area. Las Olas is full of those types of establishments.

You might also look at the Riverside Hotel, which does have a lovely pool on the.New River. It’s about a block east of the. Centric.

It is a great area for restaurants, bars and people watching in general.  As @FOPMansaid the beach is about 1.5 miles away.  There is free and air conditioned transportation to the beach for tourists and locals alike.  See LauderGO https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-i-z/transportation-and-mobility/transportation-division/laudergo-mobility-services/laudergo-community-shuttle.  Check out the Las Olas link schedule and map.

Since you are only doing 1 night I wouldn't choose this hotel if the beach is important to you as it's about 2 miles to the sand. The Las Olas area would be for many dining and bars offered. If the beach is your thing then look at something more like the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. which is 50 feet from the sand.

15 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Since you are only doing 1 night I wouldn't choose this hotel if the beach is important to you as it's about 2 miles to the sand. The Las Olas area would be for many dining and bars offered. If the beach is your thing then look at something more like the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. which is 50 feet from the sand.

Oh, a Hilton property is great! I’ll look into that.  The dining and bars are a plus too. 

16 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Thank you! I will look at that hotel. I’ve never been to the Las Olas area so I did want to see that area too. One night is not enough.

17 hours ago, FOPMan said:

“Nearby” as in less than 500 feet? No. About 1.5 miles? Yes Walkable? If you like walking that distance, its a pretty nice walk in a safe area.

And there are a very large number of restaurants and bars in the area. Las Olas is full of those types of establishments.

You might also look at the Riverside Hotel, which does have a lovely pool on the.New River. It’s about a block east of the. Centric.

Well, 1.5 miles is a good indication. I will look into the Riverside. 

6 hours ago, capriccio said:

It is a great area for restaurants, bars and people watching in general.  As @FOPMansaid the beach is about 1.5 miles away.  There is free and air conditioned transportation to the beach for tourists and locals alike.  See LauderGO https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-i-z/transportation-and-mobility/transportation-division/laudergo-mobility-services/laudergo-community-shuttle.  Check out the Las Olas link schedule and map.

Thanks for the link! I appreciate it.

2 hours ago, Lynzchat said:

Well, 1.5 miles is a good indication. I will look into the Riverside. 

Good morning, I have stayed at The Riverside multiple times over the years, most recently earlier this month🙂 It is my" "Go To" property when I sail out of Ft. Lauderdale🙂