Coming back to Royal!

Fitzget

On 1/25/2023 at 12:27 PM, goldfish65 said:

That's a wonderful feeling to know your Mom is excited for her first cruise at 82! 

Just started cruising last year, I researched all the lines and settled on Royal, glad I did because I like them. I'll never be tempted to try MSC, ruthless as they may be with their wealth from shipping trying to take over the cruising market. 

I wouldn’t limit myself initially to one cruise line. I think it is a good idea to try at least a few cruise lines when you first start cruising. You might find you like another cruise line better. I am pretty loyal to RCI these days, but my 58 cruises are far  from all being on RCI. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I wouldn’t limit myself initially to one cruise line. I think it is a good idea to try at least a few cruise lines when you first start cruising. You might find you like another cruise line better. I am pretty loyal to RCI these days, but my 58 cruises are far  from all being on RCI. 

We have tried all the major lines, many lines that no longer exist, now after 75 cruises I am pretty sure we will stick with Celebrity or RCCL both in suites or MSc yacht club. Have not done anything other in about a decade .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fitzget said:

Maybe it's a new thing? $18 per person for both comedy show and the arial acrobatics show. 

UGH...seriously? Paying that much for that type of entertainment ON TOP of paying for the MSC cruise experience? Thanks for letting us know this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jencruzin said:

UGH...seriously? Paying that much for that type of entertainment ON TOP of paying for the MSC cruise experience? Thanks for letting us know this!

They will give you a home equity loan to cruise with them!  Special for only 6 more hours, only 37.5% interest.  What a deal!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Fitzget said:

Meraviglia. Ship was beautiful. 

That's what I was wondering. Yes, beautiful ship. But, it has been documented a bit that there have been some challenges with some things on that ship. The Meraviglia was the last ship I sailed on right before the uS shutdown in response to COVID. I lived it! But, from the reports recent, it seems like some folks report staffing and supply challenges. I plan to return for a sailing on her after more of that gets worked out. Similar to reports we hear about any line's specific ships. I'm just waiting for those things to he sorted out. For some ships, getting back into the flow has been more challenging than others. Lots of information about that online. I would not give up on an entire cruise line that has multiple ships due to one sailing experience. I mean there are Royal ships that I would not sail on right now either. But, that does not mean I wont ever sail on Royal. I would just choose the ship that will offer the experience I want. 

Happy cruising