Embarkation Day and Miami Marathon this Sunday 😳

tx121

Just received an email from Carnival about the upcoming marathon in Miami this Sunday. What a headache it will be to get through this and to get to the port. We have a 11am arrival check in and we are coming from Fort Lauderdale. I’m wondering if we should take Carnivals airport shuttle service from Ft Lauderdale to be on the safe side. Has anyone experienced this or same type of situation on embarkation day? Any advice? It seems like the marathon is over by 1pm. So would heading to the port after help or still try to get there as early as possible? Thanks in advance!DDB108A6-D713-4727-A4D8-626EDD44F513.thumb.png.733a7a7fe5a6cf6a69573a9c785a3580.png

I would suggest looking up the marathon route and seeing if your intended route to the port will be impacted, and of course give yourself plenty of extra time and patience. The beginning of the route will be cleared earlier than the end of the route, so keep that in mind too.

• Like 1

I am leaving Sunday as well, here's how I see it. I know a little of Miami.

They're asking runners and spectators to park down on the beach and they'll shuttle everyone back and forth, that eliminates traffic issues.

The races does not go into the port or tunnel or highways, only surface streets and the McArthur Causeway (One one the ship channel) and Venetian Causeway (No problem)

If you stay on the highway (I-395) and then into tunnel, I do not believe it'll really be a problem.

Race map

image.thumb.png.0d8d9782ee7b9602e10955699c8cf7d4.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Go early, be patient.

For some unknown reason, at about noon, the port tunnel was closed, I can only assume a crash because the marathon went nowhere near it and once I got to the port (via surface streets and bridge....aka "the old way") didn't see cars exiting in the port.

So, in short, no idea how to help you because a variable got thrown in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clarasgrandma said:

What did you decide to do, and how did it go? When did you board the ship? We will be in this same predicament next year and I’m trying to formulate a plan. Thanks for any info you may share.

If you can, make the cruise a b2b and book the 2 day Bahama cruise January 26. There are LOTS of people doing this, myself included.  

2 hours ago, Clarasgrandma said:

What did you decide to do, and how did it go? When did you board the ship? We will be in this same predicament next year and I’m trying to formulate a plan. Thanks for any info you may share.

Give yourself plenty of time, and go as early as possible. I was stuck in traffic for almost 2 hours, for 4mi ride from downtown Miami to port, leaving at 11am. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Luckysll said:

If you can, make the cruise a b2b and book the 2 day Bahama cruise January 26. There are LOTS of people doing this, myself included.  

We are already doing the 14 day plus the five day afterward. I don’t think the two day is a good value, and my husband doesn’t want to miss that many more days from work so we’re going to pass on booking that cruise. We will be leaving really early on the morning of the cruise to make it to the port in time. The people on the cruise during the marathon of 2023 said they left at around nine and were able to get to the port by 10 so I am feeling a little bit better about that. Enjoy your extra two days!