Best alternative now that Tropicante is closed

mattyboy

• 2 weeks later...

I believe Tropicante, or at least the place occupying it's storefront, is still open. Not hearing good things.

Just on the south side of Jaime's Blue Reef is Maramao where supposedly the hotel connected to it will take walkins for the beach.  My last walk along the malecon saw a bunch of Krazy Lobster signs so they may have expanded.  Try to go to the original spot if you can.

4 hours ago, waitingtogo said:

krazy lobster took tropicants place...

Not physically unless that is very recently.

Maybe in terms of being recommended on CC, although it always had its followers even when Topicante was alive. However despite its surge in popularity it isn’t really a similar experience to Tropicante.

As @crewsweepersays KL has expanded widthwise along the malecon and occupies a lot of real estate. It is busy but service is good, facilities not so much but that is true of many places along the mslecon. 

Malecon21 is quieter with good facilities and food, unfortunately service was lacking on our last visit. Hopefully they have got their act together again now that Mahahual is busy again.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

I believe Tropicante, or at least the place occupying it's storefront, is still open. Not hearing good things.

Just on the south side of Jaime's Blue Reef is Maramao where supposedly the hotel connected to it will take walkins for the beach.  My last walk along the malecon saw a bunch of Krazy Lobster signs so they may have expanded.  Try to go to the original spot if you can.

Edited by c-leg5

We just went to Tropicante on Feb 2, 2023 and had a fabulous time. The service was wonderful. We paid four dollars per person for the taxi ride there and again back to the cruise port. We paid three dollars per person for a lounge chair. They had employees raking the seagrass off the beach which was nice. The water was beautiful and the perfect temperature for us. Our party ordered fish tacos, shrimp tacos, and the loaded nachos. Also an octopus appetizer that they said it was good. Everybody seemed pleased with their meals. 

• Like 1