25th Wedding Anniversary

mcollins3549

Hello all, 

I would like to have my friend's cabin decorated for their 25 Wedding Anniversary.  I want to order this and pay for it myself.  BUT I don't want the cruisers / cabin residents to know I am doing this.  I would like it to be a surprise. 

Is there a way that I can order this as a 'gift', pay for it myself, but NOT have it added to their itinerary so they see it and know about it? 

Thanks!!

7 minutes ago, mcollins3549 said:

Hello all, 

I would like to have my friend's cabin decorated for their 25 Wedding Anniversary.  I want to order this and pay for it myself.  BUT I don't want the cruisers / cabin residents to know I am doing this.  I would like it to be a surprise. 

Is there a way that I can order this as a 'gift', pay for it myself, but NOT have it added to their itinerary so they see it and know about it? 

Thanks!!

You seem like a very Good friend!!!

Sadly, I don't  believe it is likely that things would happen the way you would like. 

When you place an order for any gifts/celebration items onboard, the order must have the Reservation number (in order for the gift to be sent to the correct stateroom).  Because, of that Resv# tracking all things to be delivered to the room, the items will be listed on their paperwork!

Having said the above, IF they are traveling pre-cruise to the port, and don't look at their account within the last 3-5 days prior to embarkation, it is possible that you could get that order placed and your friends not find-out until they get to the room. I know this because my son was able to surprise us with a bouquet of roses for our anniversary.  But, the key part of that is, after we had printed our paperwork (a week prior to the cruise) we didn't look at our account again!

Anyway, I am wishing you and your friends the very best!!!☘️

19 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

You could use this link on NCL:

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages

Scroll downward to Party Packages.

or, you may call:

26 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

You seem like a very Good friend!!!

Sadly, I don't  believe it is likely that things would happen the way you would like. 

When you place an order for any gifts/celebration items onboard, the order must have the Reservation number (in order for the gift to be sent to the correct stateroom).  Because, of that Resv# tracking all things to be delivered to the room, the items will be listed on their paperwork!

Having said the above, IF they are traveling pre-cruise to the port, and don't look at their account within the last 3-5 days prior to embarkation, it is possible that you could get that order placed and your friends not find-out until they get to the room. I know this because my son was able to surprise us with a bouquet of roses for our anniversary.  But, the key part of that is, after we had printed our paperwork (a week prior to the cruise) we didn't look at our account again!

Anyway, I am wishing you and your friends the very best!!!☘️

Thank you.  This is a very nice reply.  I am just getting mixed answers ... Some are saying YES NCL does this and the cruisers/cabin residents - for lack of a better phrase - never sees it on the itinerary.  But I'll look into it some more.  

Could you possibly wait until you are all on board (especially if the actual anniversary date is later in the cruise), and then ask Guest Services to help you arrange it while you make sure that you are all at, say, an celebratory dinner?

Then you could put it on your account, and it wouldn't show up for their eyes ever.

Another thing I thought about in terms of having A pay to decorate B's cabin... what if it turned out that B did not want that?  Perhaps A and B weren't quite such good friends after all?

That's a reason NCL might not want to arrange something "secret" like that anyway.

Just a thought...

GC

1 hour ago, mcollins3549 said:

Hello all, 

Thanks!!

Our last cruise in October our very good friends ordered chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate covered pineapple to be delivered to our cabin. They showed on our bill as pre- purchased items, so I knew beforehand that we would receive them. ( I never told this to our friends, but they also belong  to CC so will shortly find out!!)  Anyway, based on our experience, I think it will show up somewhere on their paperwork.Good Luck!!

• Like 2