Erroneous credit card charges

mertziek

We returned from our cruise on the Jewel on Jan 26.  I checked my credit card and see the charges I expected  for that cruise on Jan 26 but I have two charges for NCL Sky dated on Jan 24 and Jan 25 which I did not generate.  We were never on the Sky.  Who do I contact at NCL to get this resolved?

17 minutes ago, mertziek said:

We returned from our cruise on the Jewel on Jan 26.  I checked my credit card and see the charges I expected  for that cruise on Jan 26 but I have two charges for NCL Sky dated on Jan 24 and Jan 25 which I did not generate.  We were never on the Sky.  Who do I contact at NCL to get this resolved?

I would start with chat on the website and go from there. In my situation the refund was already in progress and came off 2 days later. You can also dispute with your credit card but they will ask if you have contacted NCL first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mertziek said:

Mind-boggling...  NCL seems to never fail to surprise when it comes to billing...  though this seems to be new tactic to increase sales.  Hope your issues resolve without too much effort on your part.... though that might be too much to hope for!   🙃😉   Best of luck!  Billing for ships you've never sailed on is a definitely a new one!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mertziek said:

Well one of the charges has dropped off this morning.  I’ll keep watching if the other one does before pursuing them via telephone or case submission.  NCL bookkeeping defies logic!

I hope it resolves itself. Since the first one did, I think there is a good chance that it will. Just remember that if it goes from pending to a real charge, contact NCL first before disputing. Your credit card company will ask what you have done to try to resolve the matter.

• Thanks 1

And the second pending charge for NCL Sky has disappeared, too.  Phew!!!  Saves me the hassles of dealing with NCL customer service and my credit card company.  I’m still trying to figure out how charges from a ship we never sailed on get posted but not going to obsess over that.  A good lesson learned though - check your credit card charges closely following any cruising so if there are mistakes, you catch them early.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mertziek said:

And the second pending charge for NCL Sky has disappeared, too.  Phew!!!  Saves me the hassles of dealing with NCL customer service and my credit card company.  I’m still trying to figure out how charges from a ship we never sailed on get posted but not going to obsess over that.  A good lesson learned though - check your credit card charges closely following any cruising so if there are mistakes, you catch them early.

You should check your credit card charges closely no matter what. It's not just cruise lines that make mistakes.

• Like 2