US/UK drinks packages limit - $12 or $13 ???

nadge

The UK site advertises the full drinks package as $70 pre-cruise with drinks up to $13 - https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/activity-types/bars-and-lounges/a-world-of-drinks

Beers, wines, and spirits.
$70 per person, per day inclusive of 15% service charge

(On board price is $75 per person, per day, inclusive of 15% service charge)
Enjoy an incredible array of beers, wines by the glass, spirits, liqueurs, and cocktails up to $13 per serving, as well as all the benefits of the Premium Soft Drinks Option.

The US site advertises the full drinks package as $70 pre-cruise with drinks up to $12 - https://my.cunard.com/en-us/mycruise/QU/AIB_PDP

Beers, Wines and Spirits Option

Adults

$70 per day

• An incredible array of beers, spirits, liqueurs, cocktails, and wines by the glass up to $12 per serving as listed on our menus

Which is correct ??

If you look at the T&C, the price limit of included drinks is now $13. I suspect they just haven't got around to altering each and every mention of the price limit throughout the website(s). $13 is a new price limit so I expect it will be honoured on board.

Although it seems odd that they didn't just alter the price limit when they altered the cost of the package itself on said web pages!

Edited by LittleFish1976

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

In December the cost limit per drink was $12 U.S.   Have they raised the cost to $13?

When they raised the cost of the drinks package from $69 to $70, they included in some of their literature a reference to drinks up to $13 being covered by the package. The $13 figure appears in the T&Cs although the figure of $12 still exists in some places on the Cunard website. I will be assuming the correct figure is now $13 for the stated reason that it appears in the T&Cs (for Australia anyway - perhaps you can check the US and UK web sites for comparison).

• All beers, spirits, liqueurs, cocktails, and wines by the glass retailing up to US$13 per serving, as well as all the benefits of the Premium Soft Drinks Option such as unlimited soft drinks, freshly squeezed juices, smoothies, non-alcoholic cocktails, bottles of mineral water, and speciality hot drink.
  • 20% discount on the following excluded items: Drinks retailing above US$13, some bottles of wine, Cunard Wine Academy, and Cocktail Master Class activities.
  • 15% service charge for all included drinks.
Edited by LittleFish1976

Just now, LittleFish1976 said:
  • All beers, spirits, liqueurs, cocktails, and wines by the glass retailing up to US$13 per serving, as well as all the benefits of the Premium Soft Drinks Option such as unlimited soft drinks, freshly squeezed juices, smoothies, non-alcoholic cocktails, bottles of mineral water, and speciality hot drink.
  • 20% discount on the following excluded items: Drinks retailing above US$13, some bottles of wine, Cunard Wine Academy, and Cocktail Master Class activities.
  • 15% service charge for all included drinks.

This is from the T&Cs.

We were on on the Xmas cruise.   It was $13 then and $75 on board for package, $70 in advance.   HOWEVER on a multi-leg tour like ours, unlike buying online, where you could ONLY buy all 2 or 3 legs (depending on booking), you could buy just the transatlantic segment and thus we did..   And most of the cocktail and shot prices hadn't increased.  It puts doubles of some nicer whiskeys now avaialble.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, starquake said:

We were on on the Xmas cruise.   It was $13 then and $75 on board for package, $70 in advance.   HOWEVER on a multi-leg tour like ours, unlike buying online, where you could ONLY buy all 2 or 3 legs (depending on booking), you could buy just the transatlantic segment and thus we did..   And most of the cocktail and shot prices hadn't increased.  It puts doubles of some nicer whiskeys now avaialble.

We were on the westbound TA just before the Christmas cruise. The drink package was included in our booking (US booking promo for Grills). On board, I asked whether the limit was $12 or $13 because I had noticed the discrepancy. I was told the limit was $12, which the T&C stated as such at the time of our booking. That was probably applicable only to the booking-included package and not to one purchased separately.

Not sure I would have wanted to be required to make that distinction as a bar server, but it wasn't an issue because I'd generally rather have singles of two different whiskeys than a double of one.

Okay, technically, I'd rather have doubles of two different whiskeys, but I'm trying to have a positive outlook these days...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

Okay, technically, I'd rather have doubles of two different whiskeys, but I'm trying to have a positive outlook these days...

My thoughts exactly.   In positives the selection on board makes it an easy choice to have the package if you like whiskey given it'll often cost significantly more than the package price with only "moderation" in my whiskey drinking.

I should add the only buying one leg of a multi-leg did confuse the staff slightly on QM2, and I may have had several (non alcoholic) drinks uncharged for on the 2nd Carribean leg when I perused the bill on my return to UK.    I wasn't really drinking in the second week with the first leg having satisified my appetite for alcoholic drinks , with a small exception during the New Years day party.    I can't complain at this, but equally am hoping the staff were not punished for this.    

We're also on this Christmas and hope the split arrangement is again available as it did really suit our trip.

1 hour ago, Ciadan said:

Can one person (of two) in a cabin buy a drinks package (one is tee-total) or does each occupant of the cabin have to purchase?

Officially both guests in the same cabin will be required to purchase a drinks package each, however, I have recently raised this same question with the food & Beverage department ( Q.V. December 2022  ) The reply I was given " If we can be satisfied that the other guest is unable to drink Alcohol ( for medical reasons )  then we may be able to adjust the purchase ". 

I guess they may need some sort of proof ?

I have no idea if anyone to-date has been able to arrange this.

• Like 1