Meraviglia Cabin Assignment

tonyfall1

Hello,

I just received my cabin assignment for my cruise.  Because of the special I purchased I was not allowed to pick my cabin. I have been assigned cabin 12253 which is an aft cabin. I was hoping to get something more midship. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with aft cabins on the Meraviglia and your thoughts.

3 hours ago, tonyfall1 said:

Hello,

I just received my cabin assignment for my cruise.  Because of the special I purchased I was not allowed to pick my cabin. I have been assigned cabin 12253 which is an aft cabin. I was hoping to get something more midship. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with aft cabins on the Meraviglia and your thoughts.

What experience did you book? If you booked a Bella experience that’s a pretty good assignment. 12253 is a very nice aft-facing deluxe balcony stateroom.

Dennis

• Like 1

We choose aft facing on any ship we can.  We love it.  
We have not cruised on Mera but two of our 3 cruises on Divina were in aft facing rooms. 

On Divina we experienced vibration when the thrusters were being used other than that we had only 1 night of substantial movement heading back to Port Canaveral in Nov 2021. 

We absolutely LOVE aft facing rooms. Nothing like sitting on your balcony watching that

wake.
You scored a great room considering you paid for the Bella experience. Enjoy!

• Like 3

On our last Mera cruise I was trying to score an aft cabin and was unable to, even was willing to pay more for it.

We have also had an aft on Divina and always try for an aft cabin regardless on which line we sail, other than most RCL ships.

14 minutes ago, styles27 said:

We absolutely LOVE aft facing rooms. Nothing like sitting on your balcony watching that

wake.
You scored a great room considering you paid for the Bella experience. Enjoy!

Could not have said it better myself... you will be spoiled forever!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fla Mike said:

On our last Mera cruise I was trying to score an aft cabin and was unable to, even was willing to pay more for it.

We have also had an aft on Divina and always try for an aft cabin regardless on which line we sail, other than most RCL ships.

Could not have said it better myself... you will be spoiled forever!

I remember you guys like the aft facing rooms too.
A lot of the balconies are larger too! 
Didn’t you guys just switch your original booked room when an aft facing became available on an upcoming cruise too?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Didn’t you guys just switch your original booked room when an aft facing became available on an upcoming cruise too?

Yup, we went up to an aft Aurea Suite on Seashore 😍

We have two cruises upcoming on RCL in February and May, but this cruise on the Seashore is the one we are waiting for...for nothing else but this room!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Envelope21 said:

Does anyone know about the aft stairs/elevators? I see them on the deck plans, but I heard those are for crew only?

On Divina the outside stairs are accessible and bring you right up to the buffet and one deck up from that the adult pool. 

We used them all the time. 
We were able to use the aft elevators too. 

Edited by styles27
Spelling

We love aft cabins too but this is our first MSC cruise so can't say specifically.  

We booked Bella interior for this coming trip, and ended up with a fantastica cabin .. altho' still inside cabin I think that's an upgrade 🙂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, styles27 said:

On Divina the outside stairs are accessible and bring you right up to the buffet and one deck up from that the adult pool. 

We used them all the time. 
We were able to use the aft elevators too. 

Thanks. But I have since found out, that apparently the aft stairs and elevator on Meraviglia is for crew only. I have another thread going on right now about how MSC randomly and inexplicably upgraded us to a cabin in then back of the ship.