In/Around San Pedro With Teens

ceilidh1

I have a questions for the forum (especially locals @Bruin Steve). I have stayed in both Long Beach and San Pedro multiple times, so pretty familiar with the areas. This trip, we will only be there one day (planning on staying at Crowne Plaza again) but it will be a full day. I was wondering what suggestions you might have for something to do with 3 teens (bear in mind that we are coming from Canada, so there idea of awesome is going to Target...lol). We have done Iowa, aquarium, beach, etc, etc so it doesn't need to be anything "educational" necessarily. I'm trying to decide if there is somewhere to go that would be cool for them (huge shopping mall, for example) that would be relatively quick/easy to get to by uber. Anyone have any ideas?

19 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Del Amo Fashion Center is one of the largest malls in the U.S. It is about a 15-20 minute Uber ride.

https://www.simon.com/mall/del-amo-fashion-center

Is Del Amo an Outlet Mall? We were considering going to Citadel afteer cruise and before flying home, but this seems more on the way to LAX

8 hours ago, joern said:

Is Del Amo an Outlet Mall? We were considering going to Citadel afteer cruise and before flying home, but this seems more on the way to LAX

No, Del Amo is a regular mall and I am not a fan of the Citadel Outlets. I don't think it is very good.

The best outlet mall in the area is the Outlets at Orange, with outlets for Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus and more.

• 2 months later...
On 1/30/2023 at 2:35 PM, scottca075 said:

Del Amo Fashion Center is one of the largest malls in the U.S. It is about a 15-20 minute Uber ride.

https://www.simon.com/mall/del-amo-fashion-center

Thank you for this suggestion. We got into LAX this morning, grabbed an Uber to Crowne Plaza San Pedro, dropped our bags, then Uber back to Del Amo mall. The teens were in Heaven! We walked miles - Irs huge - got to to eat at Shake Shack and shopped at a bunch of places we don’t have in Vancouver. Grabbed an Uber back to the hotel 6 hours later. My teen said “best trip ever” … and we didn’t even board the ship yet!

• Like 3