News of Celebrity's demise...

Guest 4-2-N-8

Loyalists seem blinded by their loyalty.  When you read a forum, any forum, you should look for repetitive comments from varied posters.  What I've taken away is that Celebrity is cutting corners in numerous ways.  Buffets being limited and shrinking.  Quality, quantity, and number of options in the MDR are being cut.  There's even been multiple mentions of cutbacks in Luminae.  Charging for room service on certain sailings is another example of cutbacks and/or revenue generation "enhancements."  Celebrity is following mainstream cruise lines in these areas which is their prerogative. But, Celebrity markets and prices itself as a premium cruise line. I don't mind paying the premium when it's warranted. 

I was booked on an Edge sailing in October that I canceled and replaced with Yacht Club on the MSC Seaview.  I may be in the minority, but I don't want to chance my cruise based on what it may or may look like eight months from now.  Clearly Celebrity is tinkering with their formula in a way that's not beneficial to its customers.  And by what's being posted, clearly they aren't done. 

YMMV

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, B_A_H said:

Loyalists seem blinded by their loyalty.  When you read a forum, any forum, you should look for repetitive comments from varied posters.  What I've taken away is that Celebrity is cutting corners in numerous ways.  Buffets being limited and shrinking.  Quality, quantity, and number of options in the MDR are being cut.  There's even been multiple mentions of cutbacks in Luminae.  Charging for room service on certain sailings is another example of cutbacks and/or revenue generation "enhancements."  Celebrity is following mainstream cruise lines in these areas which is their prerogative. But, Celebrity markets and prices itself as a premium cruise line. I don't mind paying the premium when it's warranted. 

I was booked on an Edge sailing in October that I canceled and replaced with Yacht Club on the MSC Seaview.  I may be in the minority, but I don't want to chance my cruise based on what it may or may look like eight months from now.  Clearly Celebrity is tinkering with their formula in a way that's not beneficial to its customers.  And by what's being posted, clearly they aren't done. 

YMMV

Eh? Just let people make their own judgement and spend their own money (not yours) how they wish. And they are free to offer their opinions here. Hope you find the grass is greener elsewhere and 👋