News of Celebrity's demise...

Guest 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8

Is wildly inaccurate.*

*Caveat: my experience is premised upon current EV cabin on Beyond, Western Caribbean sailing. Not a move up bid. Shoreside took care of every request of mine, and had ample time to do so, down to my very specific champagne and vintage available the moment I entered my stateroom.

At this moment, this 6am hour, sailing west and due south of the Florida keys.

For me, in the Retreat, from the moment I arrived at PE (10:30am) and checked in, beautiful! You're not going to do better simply by sailing small or private luxury. Perhaps different, but not better.

I was quickly identified and advised that I'll be walked to my stateroom by an officer. I indicated no need, they insisted. I accepted. I had some very specific room requests. They wanted to verify my happiness with fulfilled requests. All were met.

All my dining was booked ahead of cruise by Retreat shoreside.

So far, ...

Le Voyage night one. Tasting menu plus bottle of Taittinger, Comtes de Champagne. They knew we were coming. They had a great table set up and champagne ready the moment I walked in. Exceptional service.

Fine Cut night two. They knew we were coming, even down to drink preferences. Unique table setting, specially for us. Pulled our drinks from World Class and snappy.

Room steward, butler - first rate. Private staff can't do better, except to Perhaps drive my grandkids. 🙂

Luminae for lunch embarkation and for breakfast yesterday, superb. Waitstaff are Johnny on the spot, unobtrusive. Food prepared exactly as requested. 

My balcony hot tub (it's heated and better than the Retreat hot tubs) has been filled twice, cleaned twice daily so far. This is an AWESOME balcony and hot tub! Views are worth every penny. Room is luxury that no ship does better. Different? Sure. Better? No. Waking up to the ocean view at this height is bliss.

Ship is as good as advertised, but better in person.

Spa - sure, maybe pricier than land-based venues, and perhaps less like top agencies, but still great staff and venue. Booked nine treatments for the week. Shoreside Spa company (OneSpaWorld) and Retreat staff took care of this entirely around my other scheduled events.

All of the staff are wonderful. I thank each one, by name, genuinely. They deserve thanks. Every one of them has had a good vibe.

Now time for two cappuccinos delivered from Al Bacchio.

Gripes (because I tell it like it is) for another day, but one thing, ...

I have heard "gripers" around me, and for insane nit-picky things. Karma, bro (or sister), it'll get you. Lighten up. Smile. Work with staff. You don't "own" them.

Just live. The distance to the end of life's runway is unknown. I am grateful for each new day.

Celebrity, you're all right in my book. Keep it up this week and I'm going to like you. A lot. I'm counting on you for my August sailing, again in this EV.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8
9 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Sounds awesome.  What is the square footage of your suite?  How much more does the suite cost over a regular veranda?  I wish I could afford to sail in suites.  My hat is off to you!

I believe the price (not included spa, shore excursions, and other extras I ordered) was a few thousand or so north of $25k for this week (for two people). My Mediterranean cruise in same stateroom (11-nights) is just south of $40k (for two people).

However, I did receive a fair amount of OBC, which I applied to some of what I'm doing. 

Square feet? No idea. The stateroom is split between two floors, probably equal to about four regular staterooms by the looks of it.

Guest 4-2-N-8
13 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

If you are in the Retreat, little to nothing has really changed, so not surprised you are not seeing any issues.

Enjoy the cruise.

TY

4 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

I believe the price (not included spa, shore excursions, and other extras I ordered) was a few thousand or so north of $25k for this week (for two people). My Mediterranean cruise in same stateroom (11-nights) is just south of $40k (for two people).

However, I did receive a fair amount of OBC, which I applied to some of what I'm doing. 

Square feet? No idea. The stateroom is split between two floors, probably equal to about four regular staterooms by the looks of it.

I am sailing as a solo in a regular infinite veranda on Beyond in a few weeks.  Looking forward to it.  I like Edge class ships but don't like the IV and miss Murano.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

I paid $5,400 for a 9 night Sky Suite, all included, on Beyond in October (2 ppl).

We got to experience the Edge Villa for a day andI didn't really like the duplex layout.  It felt small.  I did love the verandah plungepool/hot tub though. 

Edited by mfs2k

17 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Yikes!  😳. For that kinda cash they should be rolling out the red carpet for you…and it sounds like they are…so enjoy every moment! 😊

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Square feet? No idea

Stateroom is 739 sq. ft.. Verandah is another 211. So, 950 plus another 50 for the new Deck 16 patio areas added for the starboard-side rooms. We were in 15016 on the Beyond for 5 days in November and paid $12,400 (booked in November 2021). 

Patio1.jpg

Edited by danceswithphones
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Is wildly inaccurate.*

*Caveat: my experience is premised upon current EV cabin on Beyond, Western Caribbean sailing. Not a move up bid. Shoreside took care of every request of mine, and had ample time to do so, down to my very specific champagne and vintage available the moment I entered my stateroom.

At this moment, this 6am hour, sailing west and due south of the Florida keys.

For me, in the Retreat, from the moment I arrived at PE (10:30am) and checked in, beautiful! You're not going to do better simply by sailing small or private luxury. Perhaps different, but not better.

I was quickly identified and advised that I'll be walked to my stateroom by an officer. I indicated no need, they insisted. I accepted. I had some very specific room requests. They wanted to verify my happiness with fulfilled requests. All were met.

All my dining was booked ahead of cruise by Retreat shoreside.

So far, ...

Le Voyage night one. Tasting menu plus bottle of Taittinger, Comtes de Champagne. They knew we were coming. They had a great table set up and champagne ready the moment I walked in. Exceptional service.

Fine Cut night two. They knew we were coming, even down to drink preferences. Unique table setting, specially for us. Pulled our drinks from World Class and snappy.

Room steward, butler - first rate. Private staff can't do better, except to Perhaps drive my grandkids. 🙂

Luminae for lunch embarkation and for breakfast yesterday, superb. Waitstaff are Johnny on the spot, unobtrusive. Food prepared exactly as requested. 

My balcony hot tub (it's heated and better than the Retreat hot tubs) has been filled twice, cleaned twice daily so far. This is an AWESOME balcony and hot tub! Views are worth every penny. Room is luxury that no ship does better. Different? Sure. Better? No. Waking up to the ocean view at this height is bliss.

Ship is as good as advertised, but better in person.

Spa - sure, maybe pricier than land-based venues, and perhaps less like top agencies, but still great staff and venue. Booked nine treatments for the week. Shoreside Spa company (OneSpaWorld) and Retreat staff took care of this entirely around my other scheduled events.

All of the staff are wonderful. I thank each one, by name, genuinely. They deserve thanks. Every one of them has had a good vibe.

Now time for two cappuccinos delivered from Al Bacchio.

Gripes (because I tell it like it is) for another day, but one thing, ...

I have heard "gripers" around me, and for insane nit-picky things. Karma, bro (or sister), it'll get you. Lighten up. Smile. Work with staff. You don't "own" them.

Just live. The distance to the end of life's runway is unknown. I am grateful for each new day.

Celebrity, you're all right in my book. Keep it up this week and I'm going to like you. A lot. I'm counting on you for my August sailing, again in this EV.

Excuse my ignorance, what is EV cabin ?
Glad you are off to a great start on your cruise.🚢

• Like 1

I loved reading your description of your cruise.  I can only imagine having your experience.  Unbelievable.  I had no idea how much more special it could be if one can afford better cabin, etc.

Please continue letting us know how each da goes.

Edited by dazey
remove period

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

click-bait.

Perhaps (and a bit arrogant too).

That being said, I’m sailing on this ship soon in a single IV (solo) and I’ve gotten better shoreside service from Celebrity in my lowly single cabin than I’ve gotten from the shoreside concierge when sailing in a suite on other lines. Service was also top-notch on my last Celebrity cruise.

For what OP is paying though, I’d rather sail on an ultra-luxury small ship, but some people prefer the ship within a ship experience (not me, if the price is comparable). 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Not in my opinion.  Read the first line of the first post !  

Thats the definition of Click-bait.   You have to click the headline to get to the first line of the post. 

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, BelleEpoque said:

Would you sail in an EV again? The hot tub seems lovely but not sure I love the layout. 

I pretty much lived in the 'plunge pool'. It's an oversized hot tub with controls for heat, bubbles, and mood lighting. I would definitely sail in one again. There is a second entrance on Deck 16. You can avoid the stairs by simply using the forward elevators to change floors. Butler was wonderful. Walked us to specialty dining every evening and made sure we got prime seating. 

PlungePool1.jpg

PlungePool2.jpg

PlungePool3.jpg

PlungePool5.jpg

• Like 2

Guest 4-2-N-8
12 minutes ago, BelleEpoque said:

Perhaps (and a bit arrogant too).

That being said, I’m sailing on this ship soon in a single IV (solo) and I’ve gotten better shoreside service from Celebrity in my lowly single cabin than I’ve gotten from the shoreside concierge when sailing in a suite on other lines. Service was also top-notch on my last Celebrity cruise.

For what OP is paying though, I’d rather sail on an ultra-luxury small ship, but some people prefer the ship within a ship experience (not me, if the price is comparable). 

I have sailed on small ultra luxury, and even private, too.

In fact, I've commented previously that I'm giving Celebrity a shot since (it seems) they are attempting to appeal to my demographic.

Click bait? Arrogant? Ok to call me that. I take no offense. But then to be fair, I simply am stating my case as I see it, in apposition to the countless on here who have derided Celebrity at every turn.

If they're going for people like me, I think they are doing well. Though I like small, private and secure, I also like access to other venues (and small ships roll more. My significant other just doesn't do well on the sea. I'm really thinking of them). But, I respect your perspective.

Peace to you.

Guest 4-2-N-8
Just now, danceswithphones said:

I pretty much lived in the 'plunge pool'. It's an oversized hot tub with controls for heat, bubbles, and mood lighting. I would definitely sail in one again. There is a second entrance on Deck 16. You can avoid the stairs by simply using the forward elevators to change floors. Butler was wonderful. Walked us to specialty dining every evening and made sure we got prime seating. 

PlungePool1.jpg

PlungePool2.jpg

PlungePool3.jpg

PlungePool5.jpg

Your cabin is one foot away from side door access to the lounge. I believe you may have shown that before. I pass 106 into the lounge each day.

Guest 4-2-N-8
14 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Not sure Celebrity's demise can be assessed by the best cabin on the ship, combined with copious spending, which probably represents about 1% of onboard revenue, and <1% of shipboard experience.

IMO, success of any of the cruise lines will be assessed by pax counts. I asked and received 2,500 for this sailing.

I can't peer into their business plan, but that seems too low a count if constant.

6 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

I have sailed on small ultra luxury, and even private, too.

In fact, I've commented previously that I'm giving Celebrity a shot since (it seems) they are attempting to appeal to my demographic.

Click bait? Arrogant? Ok to call me that. I take no offense. But then to be fair, I simply am stating my case as I see it, in apposition to the countless on here who have derided Celebrity at every turn.

If they're going for people like me, I think they are doing well. Though I like small, private and secure, I also like access to other venues (and small ships roll more. My significant other just doesn't do well on the sea. I'm really thinking of them). But, I respect your perspective.

Peace to you.

Your account has only existed since June. That alone makes me skeptical. 

• Like 2