News of Celebrity's demise...

Guest 4-2-N-8

20 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Not sure Celebrity's demise can be assessed by the best cabin on the ship, combined with copious spending, which probably represents about 1% of onboard revenue, and <1% of shipboard experience.

You can step it up even more. The Penthouse and Iconic Suite (which may run $70k+ a week depending on the date) are both larger and more expensive than the EV. No matter how you cut it, despite the sheer pandemonium from some on this site, Celebrity is not a buffet chicken finger short of going under. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

I pretty much lived in the 'plunge pool'. It's an oversized hot tub with controls for heat, bubbles, and mood lighting. I would definitely sail in one again. There is a second entrance on Deck 16. You can avoid the stairs by simply using the forward elevators to change floors. Butler was wonderful. Walked us to specialty dining every evening and made sure we got prime seating. 

PlungePool1.jpg

I’m a bit of an introvert; I am sure I’d love having my own plunge pool. Thanks for all the great photos. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

Not sure that's a good metric. I know I changed to a new account in deference to my late wife. I had 1,200 posts over several years when I started my new account.  

You’re a unique case. OP is a tad bit dramatic for my tastes, but I am actually enjoying their posts and comebacks even while finding them a bit suss. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BelleEpoque said:

You’re a unique case. OP is a tad bit dramatic for my tastes, but I am actually enjoying their posts and comebacks even while finding them a bit suss. 

Not that unique.  I have a new account also...my old one dated back to 2006.  

Number of posts and time on site does invalidate people.  Is this a new type of classism?

• Like 3

Guest 4-2-N-8
23 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You can step it up even more. The Penthouse and Iconic Suite (which may run $70k+ a week depending on the date) are both larger and more expensive than the EV. No matter how you cut it, despite the sheer pandemonium from some on this site, Celebrity is not a buffet chicken finger short of going under. 

Would never to PH with that atrocious balcony overhang and no hot tub.

Will consider Iconic if with some of my family. For two people. Overkill. But, view right now of Iconic balcony from spa relaxation room.

20230131_094932.jpg

Edited by 4-2-N-8

7 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Would never to PH with that atrocious balcony overhang and no hot tub.

Will consider Iconic if with some of my family. For two people. Overkill. But, view right now of Iconic balcony from spa relaxation room.

There's the interior hot tub but you don't really have any view if you were sitting in it. The window that looks out onto the balcony is about all you can see. We would not use 90% of the space in either suite. My only real feedback from booking it for others was when they were on day 5 and didn't realize the primary bedroom could be closed off from the living area. Kind of awkward when sharing a $35k suite with friends 😬

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

If they're going for people like me, I think they are doing well.

I don't think there are enough people like you who are willing to pay $25,000 to $40,000 for two for a 10-11 night vacation on a mainstream cruise line, to keep Celebrity in business.  Thats why there are only about 8 EV's on Beyond. (maybe 4? 6? 10?) and thousands of standard sized cabins for the rest of us. 

• Like 4

Guest 4-2-N-8
2 hours ago, BelleEpoque said:

Did I miss the photos of the interior of the EV by OP? If not, I’m sure they’re forthcoming. Still suss.

Do you need my pictures in addition to the many already posted? Ok, here's a few.

20230131_120106.jpg

20230131_120108.jpg

20230131_071232.jpg

20230130_080207.jpg

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8
2 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

New money? 😅🤣😂

Old money. Coming back into vogue. Love it.

But, I'm polite and respectful and neither deride nor disrespect anyone.

I'm an equal opportunity nice person. 😀

Guest 4-2-N-8
3 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

Not sure that's a good metric. I know I changed to a new account in deference to my late wife. I had 1,200 posts over several years when I started my new account.  

Yes, I know. I suppose we all must join this online forum thingy at some point.

Guest 4-2-N-8
7 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Enjoy your cruise @4-2-N-8!

No need to defend how you choose to spend your money. 🤑

See you on The Beyond in August, 

Patty 

Looking forward. 

This has been a good decision,  contrary to the many counter arguments here posted on CC.

3 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There's the interior hot tub but you don't really have any view if you were sitting in it. The window that looks out onto the balcony is about all you can see. We would not use 90% of the space in either suite. My only real feedback from booking it for others was when they were on day 5 and didn't realize the primary bedroom could be closed off from the living area. Kind of awkward when sharing a $35k suite with friends 😬

We loved penthouse on edge it was a move up from sky suite, we were treated like royalty , only thing I didn’t like was the covered balcony, wife liked it she isn’t a sun worshiper . We have royal suite on summit next love that balcony.

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

I think it is fair to spend how you want, but it does come across as haughty to deride cruisers who actually experience cuts in the lower tier categories when they complain about them.  

I can appreciate that.

I think (I hope) my commentary is singularly focused on how to treat staff (politely), cuts in service otherwise notwithstanding.

I do accept that impression is always first person. 

1 hour ago, George C said:

We loved penthouse on edge it was a move up from sky suite, we were treated like royalty , only thing I didn’t like was the covered balcony, wife liked it she isn’t a sun worshiper . We have royal suite on summit next love that balcony.

Greetings George

We were in the Penthouse on the Edge a few weeks back and had another couple join us since our kids bailed on us. Curious what your thoughts were on the second bedroom? The couple with us pretty much lived out of their suitcases do to a lack of shelves and small closet. There were some other odd things about that room but no need to discuss here. Overall we had a grand time and so our friends.

Thought I would add a note about the Iconic since it was mentioned earlier. Our 'all grown up' kids did join us for a cruise and we were in the Iconic on the Edge. It's a lot of money but for us we saw it as a one time event and absolutely loved it. There is 1 issue with that suite - with all there is in the veranda and in the suite we didn't venture out and about much on the ship.

We have sailed in AC, and other suites. We enjoyed them all and always have had a great cruises and made some really awesome friends!

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Joker54 said:

Greetings George

We were in the Penthouse on the Edge a few weeks back and had another couple join us since our kids bailed on us. Curious what your thoughts were on the second bedroom? The couple with us pretty much lived out of their suitcases do to a lack of shelves and small closet. There were some other odd things about that room but no need to discuss here. Overall we had a grand time and so our friends.

Thought I would add a note about the Iconic since it was mentioned earlier. Our 'all grown up' kids did join us for a cruise and we were in the Iconic on the Edge. It's a lot of money but for us we saw it as a one time event and absolutely loved it. There is 1 issue with that suite - with all there is in the veranda and in the suite we didn't venture out and about much on the ship.

We have sailed in AC, and other suites. We enjoyed them all and always have had a great cruises and made some really awesome friends!

Cheers

Steve

I could definitely see having another couple in spare rooms , since both bedrooms are separate with closing doors . 

Guest 4-2-N-8
2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Glad you are having a great cruise.  Really ought to find a night to have dinner in Luminae, it really is excellent and service as good as any of the specialties.

Night 6, chic night