Eurodam Open Dining hints and tips

Midwest Sunseeker

We have a March cruise planned on the Eurodam and we were just informed our Set Dining Table for Two has now been changed to Open Dining.  We prefer to eat early and are celebrating our 49th anniversary on this cruise so we want a table for two.  We have reservations for the specialty restaurants for the first two nights.  What hints and tips can you give me on filling in the other dinner times with early tables for two?  Thank you for your information. 

On Embarkation Day there will be several kiosks/tables set up to make dining reservations. When we boarded Eurodam on 1/25 they were near the Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto. We were able to make MDR reservations then for the entire cruise - we were asked if we wanted to share a table or dine alone. I was also able to combine our HIA Specialty Restaurant reservations with the HIA reservations our son had made, so we would be at the same table. Our son went to another kiosk and could only make reservations for the next 3 days. (We only dined together at Specialty Restaurants. They like to dine at 8 or later and we like to dine no later than 6)

You can also dial 88 to reserve a MDR table. It's available 24/7.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

On Embarkation Day there will be several kiosks/tables set up to make dining reservations. When we boarded Eurodam on 1/25 they were near the Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto. We were able to make MDR reservations then for the entire cruise - we were asked if we wanted to share a table or dine alone. I was also able to combine our HIA Specialty Restaurant reservations with the HIA reservations our son had made, so we would be at the same table. Our son went to another kiosk and could only make reservations for the next 3 days. (We only dined together at Specialty Restaurants. They like to dine at 8 or later and we like to dine no later than 6)

You can also dial 88 to reserve a MDR table. It's available 24/7.

Thank you.  I hope I get your sign up line.  If not do you have any advice on signing up for the days after day three?   Are you saying that three days out we should call 88 first thing in the morning to set up our reservations in three days?

1 minute ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

Thank you.  I hope I get your sign up line.  If not do you have any advice on signing up for the days after day three?   Are you saying that three days out we should call 88 first thing in the morning to set up our reservations in three days?

I'd go to another kiosk or call 88 (and be hold for many minutes) on Embarkation Day if I weren't allowed to make reservations for the entire cruise at the first kiosk.  It's also possible to make reservations at the MDR itself, but I wouldn't do it when there is a long line waiting to get in.

40 minutes ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

I am curious what location did you and your son use?  

I stopped by the Pinnacle Grill kiosk which was the most convenient for us. The one by the Canaletto had a very long line when we passed there on our way to get pizza. I think our son used one by the spa. It really depends upon who is assigned there and what "rules" they have been told. Sometimes all locations will operate the same, sometimes each station is different. The most consistent thing about HAL is inconsistency!

8 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

I stopped by the Pinnacle Grill kiosk which was the most convenient for us. The one by the Canaletto had a very long line when we passed there on our way to get pizza. I think our son used one by the spa. It really depends upon who is assigned there and what "rules" they have been told. Sometimes all locations will operate the same, sometimes each station is different. The most consistent thing about HAL is inconsistency!

We're you able to make reservations for any restaurant or just for the Pinnacle at that location?

Don’t lose hope on your fixed dining.

The same thing happened to us on the Zaandam, open seating was on our boarding pass.  But when we got on board there was a seating assignment card and we got first seating, table for two.

It was a great table, we were really surprised.