Anchorage to whittier

Sugar&Buddy

44 minutes ago, Sugar&Buddy said:

Motor coach does not run to Whittier on Monday which is day needed.

I priced out a private van (Using ACT) with times of 10am -12noon and the total is $240 for up to 10 people. Maybe this is will be a good option. 

Patty 

On 1/31/2023 at 4:18 PM, Sugar&Buddy said:

Motor coach does not run to Whittier on Monday which is day needed.

Are you certain about the schedule? Generally, cruise vessels are in port in Whittier on Saturdays, Sundays, and alternate Wednesdays. As well, when I check a port schedule, I see no vessels scheduled to be in Whittier on Monday, June 19, 2023. I am at a loss in trying to ascertain what vessel it is that you intend to board.

2 hours ago, Sugar&Buddy said:

We are not boarding until June 21st.  Staying 3 days in Whitter prior to embarkation. 

Do you have plans for that area without a car for 3 days? Other than the train, a private transfer is probably the only other option.

Patty 

• Like 1

Now the travel makes sense. Hopefully you are making good advance plans for Whittier for the extra days there, as it is a very small community and not a lot of activity on days when vessels are not in port. Because of that paucity of activity, there is not much transportation on those non-port days. The only scheduled transportation to Whittier on non-port days is the Alaska Railroad service, and so you may just have to absorb the expense thereof. Ordinarily I would not worry that much about local transportation while in Whittier: you will probably be able to walk easily everyplace where you're likely wanting to go.