It’s finally live!!

nancygp

SusieGft:  I posted this on a different thread but I think it applies here and follows on from your comments.  

"I am also noticing some amendments to text and a few corrections here and there.  It now notes under the suite categories - one can book either the "new or classic" design.  Interesting, this is the first mention of the fact that certain suites (namely deck 10 and 11 on Serenity and possibly some on Symphony) will remain untouched.  So we should expect ‘three’ eras of decor… traditional color palette and design, Seabreeze refreshed design for some suites and now the 2023 renovation for the newly created rooms (artist rendering which may or may not be the final look).  It certainly will be a melange of design schemes but I think I can live with that"

If what I surmise is correct then we should find older style suites with bathtubs.  I think it will take studying the deck plans to figure out what suites have the bathtubs. 

In addition, as you correctly note, the new Crystal website still shows the incorrect floor plan diagram.   The Aquamaines should be the PH/Seabreeze PH floor plan.  The Sapphire suites, both new and classic should be the same as the PS, Seabreeze PS.   But I now see the website has updated photos to indicate all the styles.

• Like 1

Agreed.  While some changes were made the other day more are needed for the rooms.

In short, the deck plan should have a way of showing which are the classic and which are new and for rooms with two types of categories they need renderings for each specific style.  Not everyone is going to know what rooms used to be on the deck and which ones are new when choosing a room and same goes for agents who might not be familiar with ships or product.

This way it will confirm for the Crystal Society folks who are familiar with the rooms what they are getting when they choose a room (eg., bathtub or no bathtub) and when booking open to the general pubic who never sailed Crystal this is also important. For some people a bathtub is a requirement so knowing which ones have or do not have these is important and prevent disappointment or even anger down the road.

It's good the photos have been updated but many people will not understand which go with which or many might not even click on the photos but simply the rendering.  

Keith

• Like 2

5 hours ago, goldengatecruisers said:

SusieGft:  I posted this on a different thread but I think it applies here and follows on from your comments.  

"I am also noticing some amendments to text and a few corrections here and there.  It now notes under the suite categories - one can book either the "new or classic" design.  Interesting, this is the first mention of the fact that certain suites (namely deck 10 and 11 on Serenity and possibly some on Symphony) will remain untouched.  So we should expect ‘three’ eras of decor… traditional color palette and design, Seabreeze refreshed design for some suites and now the 2023 renovation for the newly created rooms (artist rendering which may or may not be the final look).  It certainly will be a melange of design schemes but I think I can live with that"

If what I surmise is correct then we should find older style suites with bathtubs.  I think it will take studying the deck plans to figure out what suites have the bathtubs. 

In addition, as you correctly note, the new Crystal website still shows the incorrect floor plan diagram.   The Aquamaines should be the PH/Seabreeze PH floor plan.  The Sapphire suites, both new and classic should be the same as the PS, Seabreeze PS.   But I now see the website has updated photos to indicate all the styles.

That is interesting. Does the “classical designed cabins “ mean no changes have been done to those cabins and remain un renovated? I was assuming that fully renovation and upgrade took place. 🧐
It will be great to see pictures. 
Ivi

Totally agree we need more details…. I’m sure we’ll hear more shortly.  On a normal timeline, the cabin components would normally be entering fabrication roughly  between now and the next month or so, for installation late spring or early summer for Serenity, and mid-to-late summer for Symphony.  If this plays out on a typical timeline, it will be months before we have actual photos, so updated descriptions will be important before then.

In the case of Symphony, I wouldn’t be bothered by unconverted penthouses at all.  They’ve only seen a handful of months of service since their last softgoods renovation (furniture and carpets), and I prefer their old bathrooms with whirlpool tubs and separate shower to the shower-only layout, personally.  I’d take a classic in a heartbeat.

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, SusieQft said:

... However, the Aquamarine floor plan shown for both ships is the old Seabreeze Penthouse Suite floor plan, clearly larger than the Sapphire Suite. 

The Sapphire is clearly larger than the Aquamarine. Seebreeze suites were the same square footage as the standard PH but felt much tighter for some reason. That wall with the TV on both sides makes the Aquamarine suites feel very tight. And yes, I see the bathtubs in the pictures - is someone being lazy and just doing a cut and paste? The floor plans don't show tubs, just showers in both Aquamarine and Sapphire suites.

Firstly a correction: SusieQft and not SusieGft as I mistakenly wrote in my previous post.

All good points above - but to help clarify lets dial down further in an effort to help others understand the categories.  As Keith notes, for many of us, we have already figured this out and clearly with no help from the new Crystal website which is so confusing and contradictory it is almost laughable.  But for those society members who really never paid close attention or for travel advisors/Crystal sales reps who are not that familiar with the ships or product this will cause absolute chaos and disappointment to guests.

Old Crystal: The Penthouse (PH) category presented in both classic (traditional decor) and Seabreeze design (Seabreeze Penthouse with new pink/grey decor).  But let's not forgot the Penthouse Suite category (PS) also had a classic (traditional decor) and Seabreeze design (Seabreeze Penthouse Suite with new pink/grey decor).

In both instances the Seabreeze PH and Seabreeze PS were slightly smaller in square footage due to the unique entrance design which sliced off approximately 20 sq ft.

New Crystal: Both Serenity and Symphony will retain both styles as noted above.  However, in addition to the classic (traditional decor and Seabreeze decor) there will now be a third "new" category for design and those would be the newly created suites in both sizes of PH and PS.

To make matters more confusing and especially for new-to-Crystal customers or new sales agents, is the fact that the former PH category now has one all encompassing brand name of Aquamarine and the former PS category now has one all encompassing brand name of Sapphire (and in the case of Symphony there are Sapphires without verandas, primarily on deck 7).

Trust me, it took me a long time to sit through and figure which cabins have which style of decor.  It was helpful to reference the old deck plans.  I really hope someone at Crystal is already thinking of how to better present this information on the website and to identify the various decor styles/bathtubs so we can all make informed booking decisions based on our personal preferences.

Hopefully someone is also working on disclosing the dynamic pricing and the location-based pricing to help all of us choose based on stateroom category and decor/location/price.  Imagine how this would make the travel advisors job so much easier.  They need to use color coding on the deck plan to help us select the cabins.  Its not like this is a new concept because they had displayed this information in the past on the deck plans at Old Crystal, e.g. B3,B2,B1,A3,A2,A1 etc.)

Edited by goldengatecruisers
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, goldengatecruisers said:

Firstly a correction: SusieQft and not SusieGft as I mistakenly wrote in my previous post.

All good points above - but to help clarify lets dial down further in an effort to help others understand the categories.  As Keith notes, for many of us, we have already figured this out and clearly with no help from the new Crystal website which is so confusing and contradictory it is almost laughable.  But for those society members who really never paid close attention or for travel advisors/Crystal sales reps who are not that familiar with the ships or product this will cause absolute chaos and disappointment to guests.

Old Crystal: The Penthouse (PH) category presented in both classic (traditional decor) and Seabreeze design (Seabreeze Penthouse with new pink/grey decor).  But let's not forgot the Penthouse Suite category (PS) also had a classic (traditional decor) and Seabreeze design (Seabreeze Penthouse Suite with new pink/grey decor).

In both instances the Seabreeze PH and Seabreeze PS were slightly smaller in square footage due to the unique entrance design which sliced off approximately 20 sq ft.

New Crystal: Both Serenity and Symphony will retain both styles as noted above.  However, in addition to the classic (traditional decor and Seabreeze decor) there will now be a third "new" category for design and those would be the newly created suites in both sizes of PH and PS.

To make matters more confusing and especially for new-to-Crystal customers or new sales agents, is the fact that the former PH category now has one all encompassing brand name of Aquamarine and the former PS category now has one all encompassing brand name of Sapphire (and in the case of Symphony there are Sapphires without verandas, primarily on deck 7).

Trust me, it took me a long time to sit through and figure which cabins have which style of decor.  It was helpful to reference the old deck plans.  I really hope someone at Crystal is already thinking of how to better present this information on the website and to identify the various decor styles/bathtubs so we can all make informed booking decisions based on our personal preferences.

Hopefully someone is also working on disclosing the dynamic pricing and the location-based pricing to help all of us choose based on stateroom category and decor/location/price.  Imagine how this would make the travel advisors job so much easier.  They need to use color coding on the deck plan to help us select the cabins.  Its not like this is a new concept because they had displayed this information in the past on the deck plans at Old Crystal, e.g. B3,B2,B1,A3,A2,A1 etc.)

Thanks. I think they should hire you…

Ivi

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I haven't seen it mentioned so I thought I would point out a most important activity to us.

The bridge program with directors and lessons is a must have for us and many others.

Hopefully it is a given that this will be continued.

On 2/8/2023 at 7:57 AM, goldengatecruisers said:

Are you sure that on Serenity there will be a "new" Aquamarine cabin style?  On the website they don't seem to mention one.  They only refer to "Classic" (which I take to mean the old PH) and "Redesigned 2018" (which I take to mean the old Seabreeze Penthouse).  There is no mention of a third style of Aquamarine that is new, whereas there is a new, third style for Sapphire suites.

What I am pulling my hair out trying to determine is whether the old Seabreeze Penthouses on Deck 10 of Serenity will remain unchanged in terms of the shared entryway that allows two adjacent SB rooms to be connected (e.g., rooms 10002 & 10006).  We want two connecting rooms, and I would prefer the old Seabreeze style.  But if Crystal is tearing out that connection option for whatever reason, then I'll go with something like 10074 & 10076, but that option is inferior because one of the rooms is smaller (i.e., not a penthouse size).

My TA can't seem to get an answer from Crystal on this.  My suspicion is that Deck 10 is being kept unchanged in this regard, but the TA's Crystal rep thinks it's the opposite.  🤔

nnn.... I too have pulled my hair out on this one 🙂

I believe Serenity will only have Classic decor and Seabreeze decor but both decor styles are now called Aquamarine Veranda Suites.  I don't think there are any 'new decor 2023' Aquamarine Veranda Suites on either Serenity or Symphony on Deck 10 or 11 other than six that appear on lower decks. The confusing part is the addition of two Aquamarine Veranda Suites 9001 and 9002 far forward on Deck 9 of Serenity.  Also four Aquamarine Window Suites on Deck 7 at the midship location - the final cabins before the public rooms.  I have no idea what decor those 'six' new suites will have as the website does not show a 'redesigned 2023' color scheme for the Aquamarine Veranda Suites.  By my reckoning the only 'new 2023' decor would be the Sapphire Suites redesigned in 2023.

Have I confused you further?  LOL

I believe Deck 10 and 11 on Serenity have been untouched so my expectation is the decor will be as it was when I last sailed on Serenity in 2021.   For example: this would be the deck plan from 2021 that has been shown on various threads with the Seabreeze suites being in the forward/aft of deck 10 and the Classic suites being in the midship location on deck 10.

I am expecting the shared entrance for the Seabreeze style cabins, i.e, the location you quoted in the forward section (this takes off about 20 sq ft from the interior measurements).    I would expect the mid-ship Classic suites to be the door that opens directly to the hallway.

It is challenging to keep up with everyone's opinions.   Mine is just that, an opinion.  My travel agent has also been unsuccessful in getting a straight answer from Crystal.   I have booked a Serenity cruise in an Aquamarine Veranda Suite.   I have booked the forward section of deck 10 in the hopes that it is an untouched Seabreeze Penthouse. 

Hope this helps but until someone either gets on the ship or Crystal releases definitive information then this is just my guess and personal opinion.  So, I hope I haven't let you astray with my own assumptions.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, goldengatecruisers said:

I am expecting the shared entrance for the Seabreeze style cabins, i.e, the location you quoted in the forward section (this takes off about 20 sq ft from the interior measurements).    I would expect the mid-ship Classic suites to be the door that opens directly to the hallway.

Thank you.  Yes, we seem to be looking for the same information.  My concern is that if I choose the Seabreeze connectors on the hope and expectation that they remain that way, and it turns out Crystal is actually ripping out the connectors, by the time we find that out, we will have missed our opportunity to book one of the very few existing PH+Veranda connectors.  (At the moment, those are available, but who knows how long that will last.)  Sigh.

I think it is fairly safe to assume the entrance has remained untouched.  The reason I say this is because if you look at the layout it would be troublesome to eliminate the 'shared' entry.  The position of the bathroom would no longer allow a door to the hallway for each suite.  It would make the entry hallway too narrow.  Therefore they will likely leave the design as is and still continue to use the entry door to each suite, as it presents with the shared hallway.  The frosted glass door could still be closed to the hallway and you can enjoy the connectivity of the two suites.  Just my two cents.  If it were me I would book the forward cabins as I suspect they will be the same as we all remember. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, goldengatecruisers said:

I think it is fairly safe to assume the entrance has remained untouched.  The reason I say this is because if you look at the layout it would be troublesome to eliminate the 'shared' entry.  The position of the bathroom would no longer allow a door to the hallway for each suite.  It would make the entry hallway too narrow.  Therefore they will likely leave the design as is and still continue to use the entry door to each suite, as it presents with the shared hallway.  The frosted glass door could still be closed to the hallway and you can enjoy the connectivity of the two suites.  Just my two cents.  If it were me I would book the forward cabins as I suspect they will be the same as we all remember. 

Thank you for the reassurance. I am thinking of going for a far aft pair, both for the larger balcony and to have the rear deck nearby. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goldengatecruisers said:

Never assume, especially with a new company, which Crystal is.😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goldengatecruisers said:

I agree…. I’m hesitant to speculate on what Crystal isn’t doing to the staterooms, but there is no easy way for then to change the shared entryways on the Seabreeze-generation Aquamarine suites.  Their alternatives include moving the toilet into the shower, moving the toilet into the bedroom, or moving the door to replace one of the sinks and having you walk in through the bathroom… 🙂.  None of which I can see them doing.  The shared entries are a space saving device (among other benefits) that can’t be easily reversed.

Vince

• Like 2

Just now, Mr Luxury said:

I still won't book until a few guinea pigs get on board and then find out the truth.

I am not sure you will book anyway but as some say time will tell.

I am happy to be a guinea pig.

I am reminded that when they restarted in 2021 all the naysayers about sailing the Bahamas in the summer and 7 day cruises and hurricanes (they rarely get any) and this and that and this and it was divine.  Even Endeavor with its issues (we were on the third sailing) was terrific.

Anyway, I know you think there will be a lot of changes but you missed the last 10+ years of the evolution so for you it will look like major changes. I think for those of us who sailed more recently it will look like a continued evolution IMHO.

We shall see.  I am very happy to return.  

Keith

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I am not sure you will book anyway but as some say time will tell.

I am happy to be a guinea pig.

I am reminded that when they restarted in 2021 all the naysayers about sailing the Bahamas in the summer and 7 day cruises and hurricanes (they rarely get any) and this and that and this and it was divine.  Even Endeavor with its issues (we were on the third sailing) was terrific.

Anyway, I know you think there will be a lot of changes but you missed the last 10+ years of the evolution so for you it will look like major changes. I think for those of us who sailed more recently it will look like a continued evolution IMHO.

We shall see.  I am very happy to return.  

Keith

I'll be happy  to try the Serenity again as long as it works for me.

I do have reservations about the amount of dining options Keith.

I am hoping someone can elaborate on what will be the final offerings.

39 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

I'll be happy  to try the Serenity again as long as it works for me.

I do have reservations about the amount of dining options Keith.

I am hoping someone can elaborate on what will be the final offerings.

We will know this as soon as they announce who will fill the space previously occupied by Umi Uma.  The other dining options are listed on the Crystal Cruises website.

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

I still won't book until a few guinea pigs get on board and then find out the truth.

Not sure what you mean by truth but what you will learns is each person's opinion and just like every ship afloat and every cruise line opinions will vary based on many reasons. Take the opinions of five people who sailed the same cruise and sometimes they vary so much one wonders were they really on the same sailing? And the answer is yes.Same applies to reviews on hotels, cities, tours, automobiles and the list goes on and on. One thing I learned along time ago is if I am recommending something or not recommending something to say "this is my view". You might not have the same view.

The other factor is I've never stayed at a hotel or take a cruise where there are no differences each time we return. So many things come into play.

But the only opinion that matters is your own and you won't know until you experience it yourself IMHO.

And this isn't to say that you should or shouldn't try Crystal and the same applies to my view on whether or not I want to try a cruise line or any product I have not used before.

Keith

• Like 1