Princess cruisetour airport transfer in Anchorage

pbinn

We are doing a Princess cruise tour, cruise first then land which ends up with a night at the Captain cook hotel in anchorage. We already have flights booked but they were changed to  much later in the day than origianally booked ( airline changed the flight). My question is, has anyone ever taken a REALLY EARLY flight out  12:55 am? I know we wouldnt even really get that last night at the hotel, but timewise getting home it may work out better for us if we just take a short nap after dinner and head out. Does Princess actually do transfers that time of day? I assume we would have to leave the hotel by 10 PM ish.

With the national "hub and spoke" airport flights you will find that a number of flights out of Alaska are either early morning "red eyes" or the late night "red eyes."  But I am curious when the Captain Cook will expect you to check out?  I am curious if you will need to check out of the hotel at 11 AM or noon?  Will you have a later check-out?  

1 hour ago, pdmlynek said:

That sounds great.  That way you do not have to even get a hotel for that night, saving yourself lots of money.

The hotel that night is actually part of the cruise tour. It's the 4th night on land. Just wondering about not actually staying all night in the room and leaving late evening to go to the airport 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 8:55 AM, disneyochem said:

We flew out of Anchorage last summer on a 1 am flight on Alaskan Air.  No problems getting to the airport from the Captain Cook though we took an Uber.  Eat ahead of time—not much is open at that time!  The AA lounge even closed and kicked us out!

Did you book your air through a cruise line? Just wondering if Princess will transport us that time of the night. We have airport transfers as part of our cruisetour package already. Good to know about things being closed that time of day, thanks. Guess it makes sense.

27 minutes ago, pbinn said:

Did you book your air through a cruise line? Just wondering if Princess will transport us that time of the night. We have airport transfers as part of our cruisetour package already. Good to know about things being closed that time of day, thanks. Guess it makes sense.

Yes, we had purchased the transfer but chose not to use it.  The times were not convenient for us—Princess had us going to the airport earlier than we wanted and with a group of people.  We decided to enjoyed one last leisurely meal in Anchorage (Glacier Brewhouse) and then Ubered.  Cost was inexpensive—$10 including tip.

• Like 1