Unwanted cabin change

CineGraphic

We received an email from Virgin about our cruise in 3 weeks informing us that they've changed our cabin because the cabin is, "currently getting a little extra love right now."

They moved us to a cabin with a connecting door which tend to be noisier.

The connecting cabin just happens to be a suite.

Suites have Bose speakers and a bar for parties.

Virgin claims that this is an upgrade.

We loved our original location, and have the same cabin booked for all of our sailings

My gut feeling is that due to lower occupancy, they are trying to avoid having occupied cabins scattered all over to make things easier for the stewards.

Our TA is spending all morning on the phone, trying to get things resolved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were in a suite in Oct we heard nothing from either side or outside the door we never saw or heard anyone on balcony either  I heard when the ships were built they soundproofed and installed anti vibration  which is what I wish NCL had done on the Encore that I just got off 

• Like 1

That's unfortunate that they are moving people. I doubt something is wrong with the room that would take 3 weeks to fix.  Sounds like the ships arent sailing very full right now, sure hope they make it.

On the bright side, we really enjoyed the aft. There are 2 elevators right by your room that are never busy and will take you most places (except floors 4-6) if i remember right. 

• Like 1

What class of cabin did you pay for? If you paid for a standard sea terrace then being moved to another sea terrace room definitely isn’t an upgrade. But from sea view or inside this would still be an upgrade as you gain the balcony.

6 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

What class of cabin did you pay for? If you paid for a standard sea terrace then being moved to another sea terrace room definitely isn’t an upgrade. But from sea view or inside this would still be an upgrade as you gain the balcony.

Sea Terrace to Sea Terrace. Why they consider that an upgrade is beyond me.

Our TA spent all morning on the phone with Virgin.

Sadly, the agent support reps can be just as clueless as some of the phone reps we've dealt with.

Sometimes you get lucky and get someone who knows what they're doing, but this wasn't the case today. After escalating things, we've now been assigned a cabin close to our original location.

Our TA earned every cent of her commission today.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 3