Any upgrade bids accepted lately?

Gigi816

We're sailing on the BA 2/19/23 - 2/26/23! We made a bid upgrade several weeks ago on a couple different rooms but both are still showing pending on my NCL app. Anyone else still waiting to hear if their bid was accepted? Hoping no news is good news.

2 hours ago, Gigi816 said:

We're sailing on the BA 2/19/23 - 2/26/23! We made a bid upgrade several weeks ago on a couple different rooms but both are still showing pending on my NCL app. Anyone else still waiting to hear if their bid was accepted? Hoping no news is good news.

your roll call would be a better source of information.

If you bid on Haven rooms, those assignments are usually done on the Monday or Tuesday week of cruise (2/13/23 and 2/14/23). Early upgrades to Balcony and Club Balcony rooms would have already been done a while back... Final upgrades will be upcoming. Upgrades will remain active until the ship leaves the dock. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So I just put in a bid for an upgrade around 100 days from sailing -- and actually put the max bid.  Anyone know if this could potentially cause an early upgrade acceptance?  Anyone have experience with whether a max bid generally gets you the upgrade you want?

1 hour ago, Ktuluorion said:

So I just put in a bid for an upgrade around 100 days from sailing -- and actually put the max bid.  Anyone know if this could potentially cause an early upgrade acceptance?  Anyone have experience with whether a max bid generally gets you the upgrade you want?

That would depend upon the availabity of cabins in the category and the number placing a similar bid.  Unpredictable.  The odds are never in your favor. If you really want the upgrade, call the cruise line and upgrade.

• Like 2

After receiving an email invitation, I submitted a bid for the Sept 7 Bilbao cruise on the Gem. I got as far as submitting my CC info and it came back with  "Try again in 24 hours".

I've had an invitation a day for the last 3 days and I keep on getting the same "Try again" message.

I reached out to Upgrade tech issues and this is what they answered me this afternoon.

"Thank you for contacting us!

We are working diligently to resolve this issue.

Please allow a few days before reattempting to submit your offer.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime".

1 hour ago, Ktuluorion said:

A max bid often is more than the cost of just paying for the room outright. Please check the cost of just paying for the room and see if, accepted, the max bid would be more than that.

The algorithm for selecting bids is a deep dark secret. No one knows how it works. I have won a $200 minimum bid to move from a suite to a bigger suite,,, when I am sure that there are bids for $1K+ from a balcony. 

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

A max bid often is more than the cost of just paying for the room outright. Please check the cost of just paying for the room and see if, accepted, the max bid would be more than that.

The algorithm for selecting bids is a deep dark secret. No one knows how it works. I have won a $200 minimum bid to move from a suite to a bigger suite,,, when I am sure that there are bids for $1K+ from a balcony. 

Thanks - it is not in this case.  The straight upgrade would be about 15k, the highest bid was 5k.

52 minutes ago, Ktuluorion said:

Thanks - it is not in this case.  The straight upgrade would be about 15k, the highest bid was 5k.

Definitely not in my case either.   Maximum bid $1200 for two, straight upgrade would be around $2700.