Seaside - Cabin #16002 (noise issues?)

Tom-n-Cheryl

I've been watching the available YC cabins dwindle over the last few weeks for an April sailing while I sat on the fence. Last night all that was left was 16002 and 16003. I opted to go ahead and grab 16002, as I wanted one on the side which I believe will be facing Ocean Cay when we overnight there.

The only thing which gave me pause was its location - right next to the Top Sail Lounge.

As soon as I booked this cabin, I refreshed the page in another browser and saw that all of a sudden a block of 6 "new" cabins opened up. Not only that, there were now offerings on deck 18 which had not been there previously. Interesting how they're holding so many back. Perhaps in an effort to suggest high demand (better book quick!)

So - any issues with 16002 that you guys are aware of? The other ones on the starboard side there - indicate "Sofa Bed". Is that a larger sofa and/or does it make any difference in the layout of the cabin?

THANKS

i-wx5MB65.jpg

• Like 1

16002 will not get noise from the Top Sail lounge, on the other side of the wall is a secluded nook with couches.  However you will be directly under the waiter's work area for the YC restaurant.  There will be a lot of activity above that cabin before and during meal service.

16002.jpg

Edited by Até

8 minutes ago, Até said:

16002 will not get noise from the Top Sail lounge, on the other side of the wall is a secluded nook with couches.  However you will be directly under the waiter's work area for the YC restaurant.  There will be a lot of activity above that cabin before and during meal service.

16002.jpg

Thanks 🙂

We might want to plan on being up early for breakfast then !! (easy for "this half" of our duo) 😉

Tom

Regarding the Sofa/Bed, I've been in YC Deluxe with no marking (only two berths as main bed where the couch does not make a bed) and with the two circles (main bed and couch that lifts up as bunks) and the overall cabin configuration was the same.  I'm pretty sure the only differences are whether the sofa can be for none, one, or versions of two people (fold out and lift up bunks) but the overall size is pretty much the same and doesn't affect cabin layout.

Edited by Até
  • Thanks 1

I stayed in 16003 on the port side and there was no noise from the deck above. I booked 16002 while I was on that cruise because that, to me, was a the best location right by the top sail lounge. But, then Covid happened and it wasn't meant to be. I would hang onto that cabin, I think you'll love it.

• Thanks 1