Need help understanding Internet options

alwalaska

I'm sailing soon and I have never used the Latitude or Free at Sea minutes.

I will have my laptop, tablet and phone with me. Hubby probably will not want to use his minutes, or only a very small portion of them.

We are both platinum and have the Free at Sea package on an 11 day cruise in an interior cabin.

Can someone tell me how this all works?  When I run out of my minutes, can I log out and log in as hubby to use his minutes?   All I could find was "one device at a time", so can I log out on one device and in on another later?

Also, someone mentioned that Cruise Critic is now free and doesn't use Inernet minutes when on the ship. How do I do this without accidentally use minutes?

In the past I always just put my phone in airplane mode and stayed unplugged, but since I have the minutes this time, I'd like to use them and not come back home to as many old emails to deal with.

Thanks!!!

2 minutes ago, alwalaska said:

When I run out of my minutes, can I log out and log in as hubby to use his minutes?

Sure, if he'll let you

All I could find was "one device at a time", so can I log out on one device and in on another later?

Yes

Also, someone mentioned that Cruise Critic is now free and doesn't use Inernet minutes when on the ship. How do I do this without accidentally use minutes?

Just don't go to logon.com and log in to your internet plan before browsing CC.  I don't think the performance is all that great though...

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

And be absolutely sure you LOGOUT after each use!

Yep! I accidentally fell asleep when I was checking email late on the first night of our cruise and burned up my entire package by morning. They generously restored it for me, but I wouldn't count on them to do that in the future.

The minutes start counting down from the moment you login and stop when you logout. But have to explicitly go to login.com to start them. You can use the ship’s WiFi for free for checking the NCL app , possibly also for apple iMessage and cruise critic. It’s when you want to access anything else online that you need to login. You can upgrade to an unlimited plan which will be discounted by the value of your minutes if you upgrade before you start using the minutes. You can also buy additional minutes during the cruise if you don’t upgrade to unlimited. 
the login is not tied to a specific device so you can use multiple devices but only 1 at a time when logged in. 

• Like 2

Thank you all so much!!  Clark, I will be very careful to not fall asleep while browsing.

It is good to know that I have to choose to login.  I will be very careful about logging out.

The main thing about the CC being free is so that I can update others in case our photo scavenger hunt plans need to change.