Bergen Funicular

fishman620

We will be in port in Bergen in mid-August.  I wanted to pre-book floyen funicular tickets in advance, but the website wouldn't take my credit card.....so I tried to get on the app and register to get tickets but it said it would send a text with a code to register, but never recieved it......what am I doing wrong?  Am I trying to book too early?  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Something I've found happening more often lately is that is if you have auto-fill for your credit card information, many website now reject that and require you to type the numbers in manual. Not sure if this is the case for you but thought I'd share what might be an issue.

I have found out recently that when I tried to use my US credit card to make online purchases for an upcoming cruise, that my credit card did not go through. I believe that this is due to the 3D fraud protection system. 

I have gone on the funicular many times and have always bought the tickets upon arrival. If the weather is bad, I might not consider going up.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ingabinga said:

I have found out recently that when I tried to use my US credit card to make online purchases for an upcoming cruise, that my credit card did not go through. I believe that this is due to the 3D fraud protection system. 

I have gone on the funicular many times and have always bought the tickets upon arrival. If the weather is bad, I might not consider going up.

We had small children, so we were going irregardless of weather, but honestly with the weather we had adults really couldn't appreciate the view (our kids had lots of fun, plus there's a playground they liked at the top).  If you are traveling at the height of the travel season, I'd at least wait until the weather report is released and purchase tickets a few days before you arrive if the weather report seems amenable.  

I'd recommend going first thing in the morning. I took my parents when we were in Bergen for a port call, and we headed straight there after disembarking. We were able to buy tickets and head up with very little wait, but later in the morning through early afternoon there was a considerable queue.

Another advantage of waiting until you see the weather is that you can decide whether to book a roundtrip or a one-way. On a nice day (or with appropriate rain gear 😄), the walk through the woods back down to the city can be quite pleasant.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...